First trip on the year…

Tetley

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Up early this morning for the first (proper) trip of the year, four nights away, heading north to Scotland. First stop is Brampton, then heading over to Tarbert. After that it’s weather dependent. Thanks goodness the heated grips have been fitted.

Attachments

• B251F5B4-6263-4F82-AD72-54254228B3D4.jpg
    B251F5B4-6263-4F82-AD72-54254228B3D4.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 289
Great we trip

A good time was had by all. The weather was fantastic blue skies and sunshine, but cold. Coldest was 0’c best was 10’c. Had a front puncture at Leyburn on the way back. Note to self the tubeless tyre repair kits only work if you can find the hole. Fortunately one of the team had a squirty thing. Drove through a hail storm on the A1 this pm, think we just got back in time.

Attachments

• 6A5E4066-DE6F-462A-861E-558A4D98194F.jpg
    6A5E4066-DE6F-462A-861E-558A4D98194F.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 193
A good time was had by all. The weather was fantastic blue skies and sunshine, but cold. Coldest was 0’c best was 10’c. Had a front puncture at Leyburn on the way back. Note to self the tubeless tyre repair kits only work if you can find the hole. Fortunately one of the team had a squirty thing. Drove through a hail storm on the A1 this pm, think we just got back in time.

Glorious scenery and weather. You escaped by the skin of your teeth! A friend who lives in Fife is stuck and can't get out of the drive, he is a forester/tree cutter-come-topper-come- chainsawery type and has off road capability for doing the powerline rides. Having to make with a shovel.

Unlucky with the puncture Tetley, especially with those tyres. I’d be interested to know how the screen is with buffeting on your A road/motorway stretches?

Very handsome looking bike that :okay

ive seen a couple of people raving about the alternative (2023?) graphics but the white/isimple graphics is WAY better looking - so italian, so retro, so stylish. Good choice. I might be a little envious...!

Unlucky with the puncture Tetley, especially with those tyres. I’d be interested to know how the screen is with buffeting on your A road/motorway stretches?
The screen is ok at motorway speeds, even on long stretches. I’m 5’11 and tend to tuck in behind it, so the buffeting is acceptable. I don’t wear an adventure helmet on long trips on this bike, as the peak makes things worse.

The screen is ok at motorway speeds, even on long stretches. I’m 5’11 and tend to tuck in behind it, so the buffeting is acceptable. I don’t wear an adventure helmet on long trips on this bike, as the peak makes things worse.
Thanks for your reply. I’m 6’1 and I test rode the bike around some country roads which whilst ok there gave me a slight concern if on A roads or motorway. There is absolutely nothing worse than hours of battering to get somewhere. The tall screen looks hideous. The bike in itself is fabulous but with that niggle!

Back
Top Bottom