Change

g.s.john

Getting old aint fer pussies
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking at Stadler supervent 3 jacket and Stadler 4 all pro trousers to replace my 13 Y.O Rukka kit,
Any opinions?
Pricey kit but no worse than Rukka, Klim, or Halvarsons kit.

I’ve got the super vent 3 jacket and All 4 Pro trews suit.

Not really had much use from it maybe a few hundred miles. Coming from a very old (and still waterproof) perhaps 13 year old Rukka
A time before they were made in Asia and quality was the most important factor.

Impressions so far

Pros
Extremely well made
10year warranty
Repairable
Nicely styled, and fits (me - 5’11” & 12 1/2 stone) well - ie it’s not cut like a square bag like some Klim stuff.
Important bits covered in ceramic beads
Super high level and safe protection
Very comfy once you’ve got it on and when on the bike -a little stiff for walking around - Due to its robust design
The braces are much better than Rukka and don’t slip.
Venting is amazing, love the inner ‘tubes’ around to the back
Double zip front- normal closure or with mesh panel option
Useful detachable rear pocket

Cons
Need to find a use for the useful detachable rear pocket!
The pocket zips zip inwards on the trews but outwards on the jacket (or vice versa) so take a bit of getting used to which way to zip.
Collar fixing is substantial Velcro, but no popper/clip to secure so I think there’s a possibility it may lose its grip long term
The trews waist is cut low ish, not an issue, just odd.
The cuff is a Velcro flap and zip pleat- but the material is stiff (ie robust), so zipping up the pleat isn’t so slick until it develops memory through use (does that make sense?)
Inner quilt suit is ok, but not super insulated - it is after all a “super vent” suit

Overall it seems like its objective is all day long comfort on the bike coupled with super safe protection in a very high quality suit - strikes me as ideal for a professional rider less so for walking around Tescos

For occasional use, there are cheaper options, but maybe they won’t slide so well.

"Need to find a use for the useful detachable rear pocket!"

- I keep the removable storm collar in mine :jager

Agree with all of your "pro" points. The insulated liner in the pants is not too bad (I don't tend to suffer from cold legs though, even when skiing) but I don't use the one in the jacket, preferring a down inner.

@ RSI
Funnily enough I keep the storm collar in that pocket too. But as it’s not been too stormy I’ve left the pocket off.

And funnily enough (2) I was out all day yesterday and tried a down under jacket in place of the standard liner. Worked a treat

As far as warm weather riding is concerned, the first year I had the Stadler I wore it for my annual trip to the Dordogne in September. Although it wasn't a super hot summer like last year, it was warm enough and I found the venting on the jacket reasonably effective, although I would have preferred to be in my Klim Marrakech. I was glad of it on the way back, with quite a lot of rain around Chartres. For most UK riding it's not too bad comfort wise, considering the Exocet proof construction.

I’ve got the super vent 3 jacket and All 4 Pro trews suit.

Not really had much use from it maybe a few hundred miles. Coming from a very old (and still waterproof) perhaps 13 year old Rukka
A time before they were made in Asia and quality was the most important factor.

Impressions so far

Pros
Extremely well made
10year warranty
Repairable
Nicely styled, and fits (me - 5’11” & 12 1/2 stone) well - ie it’s not cut like a square bag like some Klim stuff.
Important bits covered in ceramic beads
Super high level and safe protection
Very comfy once you’ve got it on and when on the bike -a little stiff for walking around - Due to its robust design
The braces are much better than Rukka and don’t slip.
Venting is amazing, love the inner ‘tubes’ around to the back
Double zip front- normal closure or with mesh panel option
Useful detachable rear pocket

Cons
Need to find a use for the useful detachable rear pocket!
The pocket zips zip inwards on the trews but outwards on the jacket (or vice versa) so take a bit of getting used to which way to zip.
Collar fixing is substantial Velcro, but no popper/clip to secure so I think there’s a possibility it may lose its grip long term
The trews waist is cut low ish, not an issue, just odd.
The cuff is a Velcro flap and zip pleat- but the material is stiff (ie robust), so zipping up the pleat isn’t so slick until it develops memory through use (does that make sense?)
Inner quilt suit is ok, but not super insulated - it is after all a “super vent” suit

Overall it seems like its objective is all day long comfort on the bike coupled with super safe protection in a very high quality suit - strikes me as ideal for a professional rider less so for walking around Tescos

For occasional use, there are cheaper options, but maybe they won’t slide so well.

I have the same combo and came from Rukka Navigatorr. I agree with pretty much all of the above. Best all-round suit I’ve had, assuming laminated is what you want.

Oh - and the detachable pocket is for the (optional/extra) storm collar…

I have had a couple of Stadler suits. Had Rukka, Klim and Halvarsons before that. Currently have the Treasure Pro and All 4 Pro trousers. Can’t fault them. Ventilation is as good as anything other than a mesh jacket.[SUB][/SUB]

Plus 1 for the trousers and quality
Oh how a few months changes things...:) My trousers developed a leak around RH inner leg area after 2 years. Sent to Motolegends who sent them to Lancashire sports repairs for testing. Testing confirmed my proof that they were indeed leaking. Stadler said its a Goretex issue, not a manufacturing issue. I then contacted Goretex and again trousers were sent back to LSR for Gores' specific testing. Confirmed leaking. In line with their policy, they are going to just refund me what I paid for the trousers, which is great! But, 2 years ago pre covid and manufacturing price rises, my Stadler deal (£438 for the £700 trousers) leaves me unable to replace with anything close to that..I guess, be wary of buying such highly discounted clothing. It also says Goretex is more likely to fail than Stadler...

Back
Top Bottom