Action camera editing software

LochLaddie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
For an up coming trip I got an Insta360 one RS 4K i.e. not the 360 and boy is all the information in the tinternet about the 360 :blagblah

What editing software would you recommend for a complete novice looking to create videos of day trips with his wife?

I have downloaded the Insta360 studio 2023 but the looks like it only does one trim on a clip and primary role is to do the initial edit of the 360.

Many thanks

Hiya,

I use Lightworks.

It's free, but I've chosen the paid version & really love it - you can add images, audio, fade in & out and the interface is pretty good.

Cheers,

D

I just use Microsoft Video Editor that comes with windows OR the legacy Microsoft package Movie maker (both free). I like both they are simple to use and will take the project from content collection, editing and final con version to MP4. Its not unknown for me to start in one and transfer the part finished one as an MP4 file for completion in the other as they do have different features.

I just purchased the Insta360 X3 and use the Insta app on my iPad to edit it. took me a while but it can do pretty much everything. Cropping, effects, etc.

I use a GoPro 10 and a Hero 5 Session and have an iMac Computer could some kind soul recommend a Video Editing Software That will work with this combination?
Thanks in advance.

iMovie, will work as a starter if it's a recent mac you can download other stuff all the software now is pretty much the same just the interfaces are different... davinci, adobe, avid, grassvalley there's so much choice... even quicktime (another agnostic apple product allows editing) final cut apple only version is good... there's also basic editing in you tube... upload the films and trim around in it online...

iMovie, will work as a starter if it's a recent mac you can download other stuff all the software now is pretty much the same just the interfaces are different... davinci, adobe, avid, grassvalley there's so much choice... even quicktime (another agnostic apple product allows editing) final cut apple only version is good... there's also basic editing in you tube... upload the films and trim around in it online...
Thanks the daylight is beginning...:)

I have started using the free software VideoProc Vlogger but I'm still interested in knowing if basic users have a good experience with other sotware.

I use davinci resolve which is free and excellent, but you need considerable horsepower to run it (multi threaded cpu and a wodge of memory, if using mac M1 chip minimum) also there is a steep learning curve if you havent used an editor before

I started with Filmora that will run on a lesser machine and is a lot more friendly - there are a lot of onlne tutorials for all the popular packages.

What machine are you running it on? Windows mac, iPad android etc

Back
Top Bottom