Heated Gear - Coaxial heat controller

DJ123

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I recently bought a Warm n safe jacket to keep me warmer during the colder months of the year. Whilst they do offer their own controller system, the price is steep (£100 single, £150 dual). I've done a bit of Googling/reading and seems as though as you can connect any controller to a coaxial connector - as multi brand gear seems to work this way too.

If this is the case, is there a reasonably priced controller people use? I don't need something with adjustment for every 1%. More so something with a off/low/med/high setting.

TIA

Just about any controller should do it. This includes a wireless one, if you can find anyone flogging one cheaply.

The connector type you are probably looking for, is called a DC connector or a DC barrel connector.

PW03423-40.jpg

They do come in different sizes but you can usually find a suitable adapter if that is the case.

DC connector on W&S and as far I know Gerbing and one or two others is 5.5mm outside diameter and 2.5 inside. Make sure your male and females the right way round. 😏

DC connector on W&S and as far I know Gerbing and one or two others is 5.5mm outside diameter and 2.5 inside. Make sure your male and females the right way round. ��

male-female are easily swapped with an adapter aka coupler

The Keis clothing uses different size connectors to W&S/Gerbing, but adaptors are available.

The Keis clothing uses different size connectors to W&S/Gerbing, but adaptors are available.

the dimensions can't be that different as I use a Gerbing Y piece in between a Keis controller and my Keis waistcoat & insoles. All works fine.

the dimensions can't be that different as I use a Gerbing Y piece in between a Keis controller and my Keis waistcoat & insoles. All works fine.

They're not. Both are 5.5mm outside and the inside is 2.1mm compared to gerrbing 2.5mm inside.

One will work easily. Swap them around and you’ll struggle to connect them.
I’ve Gerbing, W&S, Keis and A*
Keis are the odd one out.

Thanks all for the input.

I did end up going down the route of the warm n safe controller. Whether it was that or even Gerbing the price was the same for a controller & wireless remote.

Back
Top Bottom