Calais to the Vosges - A holiday in the making

Thank you again for providing such useful guidance and information.

Will attempt to download gpx files into my BMW Motorrad App on my iPhone using your links and/or buying direct from the links you suggested

Cheers

You could head a bit further East and run into the Ardennes, stopping somewhere like Bouillon, this means only about 2 hours motorway from calais and then another @2 hours on nice roads to Bouillon, if that is a bit far there are a couple of nice looking Hotels in Montherme, only stopped for coffee there before, but this year we have an overnight there, although Bouillon is my usual choice.

From Bouillon you can run down to Verdun on pleasant roads, and continue south on OK / good roads all the way to the Vosges if you want to avoid Motorways.

Morning Rasher, I've been to this area and have planned to stay on the edge of the Ardennes at Charleville-Mezieres going down so I can take in some of the good roads/views in this area. Maybe follow the Semois River for a few km's. Not booked return leg yet but tempted to do the same coming back at Bouillon or Chimay

Back
Top Bottom