Tpms

richard shaw

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a 2012 gs which has not got tpms, i currently use a aftermarket tpms but i wounded if it would be possible to fit a genuine bmw one, if I got the valves would it be difficult to link in to the bike, any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not only do you need the valve sensors, but also the receiver which sits under the seat and connects to the ECU. Even then, I'm not sure if you have to activate something on the ECU to recognise these units, and that's presuming a 911 or Motoscan can do it, rather than an approved dealer!!

I think you are better with the aftermarket as the receiver as stated is in the alarm unit housing and programming to the ecu may be a problem.
I have an aftermarket set up on my Airhead cheap from China and more accurate than my R1200GS stock system.
Also with the aftermarket you only need to nudge the bike and you get instant readings before you set off unlike the stock BMW system.

Not only do you need the valve sensors, but also the receiver which sits under the seat and connects to the ECU. Even then, I'm not sure if you have to activate something on the ECU to recognise these units, and that's presuming a 911 or Motoscan can do it, rather than an approved dealer!!

Like I posted, fitted new sensor, the latest one. Woke it up with a cheap Chinese wake up tool, local garage plugged in and set it all up. Didn't have any code on the new sensors like the banana ones to put in, it was all done by the sensor waking up and the ecu recognising it with the help of the garage software

Thanks for all the replies, I think I will stick with the after market ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I posted, fitted new sensor, the latest one. Woke it up with a cheap Chinese wake up tool, local garage plugged in and set it all up. Didn't have any code on the new sensors like the banana ones to put in, it was all done by the sensor waking up and the ecu recognising it with the help of the garage software

that reply doesn't help anyone - either the bike was coded or the sensor was coded
Oct last year Autel updated their car coding pad and added BMW motorbike TPMS sensor coding (maybe they used these - but few would know that now this is an option)

motorbikes-jpg.32388

Back
Top Bottom