Secure accomadation near Lockerbie

dashfixer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend any overnight accommodation with secure bike parking near Lockerbie? I'm going to be doing a trip up to Invergordon in June and I'd like to stop about halfway which is roughly Lockerbie. Thanks.

========

Moved

I stayed in the B&B next door and parked on the street, but I noticed the one next door had a garage full of bikes, Buchan Guest House
https://goo.gl/maps/5rMcxRgSiYH11rhj9 - very quiet no through road in Moffat

The Rockhill I stayed in was very nice. Super breakfast and I had the top floor to myself with bedroom, lounge & bathroom.

I'm sure his Grace wouldn't approve of your incorrect spelling of Buccleuch, Peter....:nono

The former Duke was fairly down to earth and had personal relationships with many of his tenants - some of my inlaws among them. Downton Abbey isn't totally inaccurate in that respect.

But I'm rather surprised the Buccleuch estate allow the name to be used these days. It's become a multi national company, very jealous of its profits and equally reluctant to pay taxes!

The former Duke was fairly down to earth and had personal relationships with many of his tenants - some of my inlaws among them. Downton Abbey isn't totally inaccurate in that respect.

But I'm rather surprised the Buccleuch estate allow the name to be used these days. It's become a multi national company, very jealous of its profits and equally reluctant to pay taxes!

does the estate own the pub, hence the name? Seems to own much of the land around there, including a cannabis farm in Eskdale near the Buddhist Monastery. The valley stank of skunk as I rode through on a trip in 2021.

does the estate own the pub, hence the name? Seems to own much of the land around there, including a cannabis farm in Eskdale near the Buddhist Monastery. The valley stank of skunk as I rode through on a trip in 2021.

http://www.andywightman.com/archives/942

I don't think the estate own the hotel any more. They may have originally but using the names of feudal families has a long tradition in these islands. The Gordon Arms being another example. There's lots of them in the Borders AND the North East of Scotland. The Dukes of Gordon own huge estates in both areas.

Back
Top Bottom