Navigator Travel insurance

Santa-2512

Omnipotent one
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Reading a previous thread, there was a post regarding travel insurance on larger bikes,

And that most off the shelf policies, dont cover big bikes lol

Navigator was given as one of the companies that did.

Ive popped over to the website, filled in the details and received a quote,

However it didn't ask me for any of my medical history?.. so i dont really know what there insuring?

or are they accepting me as is? (yea right, and snow grows on trees lol)

anyone else noticed this ?

Go to Tesco then Puffin Insurance and get quotes. They both have good medical screening tools and decent prices. Riding bikes is included in both as they use the same underwriter, a subsidiary of Axa.

We have got a yearly policy with Tesco, if you have a full licence in the UK then you are covered to ride larger capacity bikes abroad with a pillion rather than the usual 125 cc limit, we do a bit of sailing and if you have the relevant tickets the same applies if we charter a boat, the medical stuff is pretty standard.

Al.

I used Pj Hayman, but I rang them...
They asked about medical history and pills I take too keep me going..
All was OK and no problems on insurance...I am 67..

We have got a yearly policy with Tesco, if you have a full licence in the UK then you are covered to ride larger capacity bikes abroad with a pillion rather than the usual 125 cc limit, we do a bit of sailing and if you have the relevant tickets the same applies if we charter a boat, the medical stuff is pretty standard.

Al.

I had a look at Tesco just now as I thought it might be a good option but I have to question your understanding as I wouldn't risk it because of the following in their policy wording

Driving motorised vehicles (excluding Quad bikes) for whichYou are licensed to drive in the United Kingdom (other than in motor rallies or competitions) and wearing a helmet if driving a motorbike, moped or scooter *

You are not covered when participating in any sport professionally, or whilst racing or during a competition.
There is no cover for liability for sports or activities marked with *

The asterisk is the bit that might catch you out

I had a look at Tesco just now as I thought it might be a good option but I have to question your understanding as I wouldn't risk it because of the following in their policy wording

Driving motorised vehicles (excluding Quad bikes) for whichYou are licensed to drive in the United Kingdom (other than in motor rallies or competitions) and wearing a helmet if driving a motorbike, moped or scooter *

You are not covered when participating in any sport professionally, or whilst racing or during a competition.
There is no cover for liability for sports or activities marked with *

The asterisk is the bit that might catch you out

I have bought an annual policy via Tesco

there is no cover for liability when riding a motorcycle as this liability (such as injuring a third party) is covered by the motorcycle insurance. You will have full medical cover and cover and any other relevant sections of the policies e.g. if you have chosen to cover a camera for theft from luggage.

I have bought an annual policy via Tesco

there is no cover for liability when riding a motorcycle as this liability (such as injuring a third party) is covered by the motorcycle insurance. You will have full medical cover and cover and any other relevant sections of the policies e.g. if you have chosen to cover a camera for theft from luggage.

That makes sense actually

So back to Navigator and the OP

Give them a call its the easiest way of sorting it out with them

We use Carole Nash, pre existing medical conditions are specified in the policy documents and are excluded from cover..

Curiously the wording for driving motorised vehicles is the same as Tesco but no asterisk, so it does cover legal and liability whilst riding. However it should/would also be covered by the vehicle insurance as previously stated.

Reading a previous thread, there was a post regarding travel insurance on larger bikes,

And that most off the shelf policies, dont cover big bikes lol

Navigator was given as one of the companies that did.

Ive popped over to the website, filled in the details and received a quote,

However it didn't ask me for any of my medical history?.. so i dont really know what there insuring?

or are they accepting me as is? (yea right, and snow grows on trees lol)

anyone else noticed this ?
I used their service for the various trips to USA/ Canada with Sgt Bilco of this parish . There was a rep by the name of Richard who was very knowledgable on the details of the policies on offer .
I had occasion to make a claim and it was handled ( imho ) very professionally .

I use Barclays breakdown/travel package. Covers large capacity bikes. I’m 76 and the cover is offered up to and including79 years of age, so I’ve got 3 and a half years to go before getting travel insurance becomes a problem in general.

I used Navigator a couple of days ago. The guy was very knowledgable. £44 for my upcoming trip.

Next year I will investigate annual policies a bit better. For 2023 I already have Staysure for my holidays, but of course they don't cover big bikes...

+1 for Navigator.
Called them direct, answered the questions, 12 month policy, 2 medical conditions, age 54, Gold level policy £88.
Does not include bike repatriation.

Couldn’t have been easier.

I'm going to be travelling for around 70 days starting late July, Navigator unfortunately only cover up to 62 I believe although there is mention of another policy available for longer trips , but you have to call them.
I have used Battleface for the previous 4 years 10 week trips ( including Covid year ) but they are expensive...quote for this year ( 10 countries..Balkans, Central and Eastern Europe ) is £280.
Might call up Navigator for a comparison as the Covid threat is less of an issue now.

I'm going to be travelling for around 70 days starting late July, Navigator unfortunately only cover up to 62 I believe although there is mention of another policy available for longer trips , but you have to call them.
I have used Battleface for the previous 4 years 10 week trips ( including Covid year ) but they are expensive...quote for this year ( 10 countries..Balkans, Central and Eastern Europe ) is £280.
Might call up Navigator for a comparison as the Covid threat is less of an issue now.

ring the number at https://www.tescobank.com/travel-insurance/ - it's actually a broker called Rock Insurance. their standard policy is underwritten by Axa and covers motorcycling as transport but my annual policy limits trips to 30 days each. They also advertise "backpacking" insurance i.e. long stay as mentioned by Wapping. There is also mention of "single trip insurance" in the policy document which can be up to a year.

ring the number at https://www.tescobank.com/travel-insurance/ - it's actually a broker called Rock Insurance. their standard policy is underwritten by Axa and covers motorcycling as transport but my annual policy limits trips to 30 days each. They also advertise "backpacking" insurance i.e. long stay as mentioned by Wapping. There is also mention of "single trip insurance" in the policy document which can be up to a year.
I'll have a look at that, I will also call Voyager as they offer a 'backpacking' longer stay cover but you have to call and enquire.
You can spend hours trawling through everything..

Had a very quick look at Tesco Backpackers, they mention for under the age of 50 but it's probably better to call them.

Had a very quick look at Tesco Backpackers, they mention for under the age of 50 but it's probably better to call them.
they will have "standard packages" to sell under the Tesco brand but as a proper broker, should be able to tailor something to your needs under their own brand

Back
Top Bottom