Nippon Seiki Clocks Restoration

GlynnJ

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a UK-based restorer of Nippon Seiki clocks, as fitted to 1970s Hondas? I am aware of CB750faces.com, but he is in Netherlands and I'd rather not go through the trauma of export/import/duty. I'm just looking for a cosmetic restoration.

Google searching doesn't find much, other than companies dedicated to Smiths clocks.

Can anyone recommend a UK-based restorer of Nippon Seiki clocks, as fitted to 1970s Hondas? I am aware of CB750faces.com, but he is in Netherlands and I'd rather not go through the trauma of export/import/duty. I'm just looking for a cosmetic restoration.

Google searching doesn't find much, other than companies dedicated to Smiths clocks.

CB750faces.com is in Rotterdam. Maybe someone could drop it off / pick it up there for you and post it on when they get back to Blighty?

CB750faces.com is in Rotterdam. Maybe someone could drop it off / pick it up there for you and post it on when they get back to Blighty?

Hello Pete. That’s an idea, but I’d rather not impose on others, especially with such an open-ended arrangement. I’ll wait and see if there are any other options first.

I’m following your post with interest as I have a set that need doing as well. Not much help to you other than adding support to your request!

I’m following your post with interest as I have a set that need doing as well. Not much help to you other than adding support to your request!

I have tried a couple of places but so far only found one guy in the UK that can deal with Nippon Seiki clocks. He's a really helpful guy, but not cheap. He quoted £235 for a tachometer restoration, based on cleaning & lubricating, replacing the face & needle and repainting the outer shell. Same price for tacho or speedo. I was lucky to find an NOS speedo for £105, with the only downside being that it reads 0 miles when I would have preferred to maintain mileage continuity.

If you are interested, contact Peter Bond: https://www.guagerepairs.com/

Back
Top Bottom