1250 GS dead

Flip

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bike is completely dead, no screen power up, nothing. Battery is fully charged, any idea's??

Is it a key issue, being wireless? Is the key charged/can the Bike see the key?

Press the on/off button on the headstock. If the red light flashes on the RHS of the screen it's not seeing the key. If that's the case try using the plastic one against the sensor above the back wheel

No out of range red light showing. New battery in fob. Checked both fuses under seat. Nothing!!

Check the fuses located under the seat and close to the fueltank. They are described in the manual.

Battery earth lead screw tight? See “bloody thing won’t start” thread…

A few have had a similar issue, due to keyless ride control unit failure.

Whatever, this sounds like a job for the dealer - hope you have warranty.

Dealer sorted! It was 50a main fuse blown, it was due its 2nd service so this also sorted, now got key fob battery warning ffs, tried 3 new batteries and no joy, dealer says usually only bmw.batteries work OK, batteries showing 3.2.v so.all good but still warning triangle, will try bmw battery and see!!

Dealer sorted! It was 50a main fuse blown, it was due its 2nd service so this also sorted, now got key fob battery warning ffs, tried 3 new batteries and no joy, dealer says usually only bmw.batteries work OK, batteries showing 3.2.v so.all good but still warning triangle, will try bmw battery and see!!

Duracell are prone to this. I put them in all my car keyless fobs and even though the voltage was ok they refused to work. A swap back to panasonic that were in them as OE and the problem went straight away. I had the same on my way to get my end of warranty check, flappy valve, tossers software update and MOT so got the dealer to change mine. It cost just over £3

Did they find out what blew the fuse?

If no one had been fiddling with the bike, say reversing polarity by accident, then it has to be said that 50A fuses don't usually blow for fun - presumably the dealer tech checked for codes & must have some idea?

The fob battery thing doesn't inspire me with confidence TBH; it sounds like hokum, assuming you purchased genuine Duracell & not fakes.

I have just read though this thread, and was about to mention Duracell fakes when I got to Squibb34 post, Panasonic battery’s are another brand that have also been targeted by the fakers.

As others have said, I would be asking what blew a 50amp fuse? :eek:

Dead right , thats a 600W flow. Sounds like a direct short somewhere. I would be doing lots of turning of the bars / headstock, and jiggling any loose wires I could see. Have you recently fitted any accessories that involved moving the tank/ panels etc.

Back
Top Bottom