Where to get TPMS sensors

Ibex

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have had the misfortune to lose 3 TPMS sensors in the last 3 years on my 2012 GSA, which is a nuisance. I don't like riding along under the accusing stare of the yellow triangle. Having struggled to get a price from my local BMW shop for replacements over the last couple of days (!) I have looked on line and found dozens listed! No doubt all are from China, but that will be where BMW get theirs anyway? Anybody got any advice on where to buy TPMS sensors other than BMW dealer?

When I needed one for my C650 I bought one from Ali Express which worked very well and didn't even need programming to the bike.

Any source for the, different shaped, older sensor mounted on earlier bikes (2007/2008)?

I got some cheap Ali express ones for my 09, came with the codes on the side and I had a gs911 so just programmed them in. Can't link as was a while ago and the sellers are always changing.

OK...done some research here myself, and bought the Schrader genuine... First this...

Attachments

• TPMS sensor white paper summary picture.jpg
    TPMS sensor white paper summary picture.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 371
You will also know that if you can be bothered you can change the battery on the GEN1 sensor with a bit of faffing.Youtube is your friend:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IJwOydKrH4E" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Personally, for the price, I bought the 3141M. I just wanted it to work, and not to have to take the tyre off to change the sensor or battery again! They are supposed to last 5 years or 100,000 km minimum...

See also https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...or-and-Right-Angle-Valve-Stem?highlight=3141m

Ibex - you are relatively local, you can borrow my TPMS "wake up" tool if you like, assuming you have a GS-911 to reprogram your bike, or just change one sensor at a time and go for a ride inbetween!

I also have a "spare" rear wheel with a 3141M in it, you could try and make sure your bike will recognise a 3141 (asuming you have a 911). Obv the wheel won't fit, but your bike should recognise the 3141 if held close enough to your bike with the wake-up tool and 911

Sorry - it was AUTODOC i used, cheaper! https://moto.autodoc.co.uk/schrader/18314484 - and UK supplier

It's just not worth faffimg (IMO) with crappy cheapy chinky stuff, or a soldering iron when they last at least 5 years and cost less than forty quid! If for any reason the aliexpress stuff fails (we all know that's pretty likely!!!) or the battery runs out early it's false economy not to get "proper" parts that last a long time and work properly

My Ali Express ones were 25 quid the pair 3 years ago. I would've gone down this route as Schradaer know what they're doing. The Gen 1 and 2 pictures are from LC's, do they work with the air-cooled ones?

Evening all,hope your all doing ok,can i jump on this thread for a mo and ask,what's
the chances of me fitting a new battery to the TPMS on my bike and it sparking into life,
i dont have a GS 911 or wake up tool,i own a 2010 R1200GS
Thanks in advance :thumb

I tried changing my batteries, didn't work for me but I think I was probably a bit heavy handed. The tags on the battery were kinda mini spot welds and awkward to get off. If you change yours successfully the bike should still recognise them, just make sure you make a note which ones are front and rear. If you go for new ones there maybe someone near you with Motoscan/GS911 to help you out.

Cheers for your reply MWH,if I do the rear wheel first, would it pick the sensor up,or do I have to do both to start with🤔
Cheers Baza

Baza - if you don't have the wake-up tool and GS-911, you can do one wheel at a time, but go for a ride between times until the wheel you have just done is recognised by the bike. i.e. do one, change the battery, put it back and ride until the bike "sees" the tpms sensor, then do the other one. There are many reports of this working just fine. Worked for me a while back! If you replace the battery in the tpms, the bike would hopefully "remember" the last setting...

Cheers Martin,I just fancy having a crack at it myself,with a bundle of questions though 🤣
Cheers Baza 👍

The codes from your existing sensors are written to the bike, if the battery change is successful the bike already knows what they are. If you put them back in the other wheels they will still work but your readings on the dash will be the other way round. Could do them one at a time if you wish, more than one way to skin a cat as they say.

Ok daft Q time,the new battery’s in,is there anyway I can test the sensor before it goes back in the wheel 🤔
Cheers Baza 👍

I have tried everything to test them off the wheel , even made a jig to spin them up in the lathe.
The only thing that I have found that wakes them up off and on the bike is the Chinese wake up tool, see picture.

Also on ebay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/14400071...77DNYji+d3q6lwjuXK2ev6qZWk|tkp:Bk9SR77WgOXlYQ

0FEdr2O.png
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom