TFT anti theft

Nick dj

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The theft of these seems to be on the rise so its time to buy a bracket to protect it.

Has anybody looked into/fitted and can recomend one?
did you go sun screen? wish you had?

Any feedback/photos greatly appreciated

I went dmfir the cymarc one without the shade, easy fit, no issues.

Cymarc with a shade works well although I did have to ave x2 of them before one fitted!

Solid when installed

Sale 6 by KTM Marky, on Flickr

isn't it ridiculous that the bike as produced is so vulnerable?

isn't it ridiculous that the bike as produced is so vulnerable?

Yes, I agree. My Ducati is just as bad if not worse for it's TFT to be robbed. x3 screws (non security) and a plug!!

Cymarc route also. Bit crude and not too pretty, but you forget about it after a while. Inspect for quality before fitting - I only noticed after fitting mine that it had one or two pimples on it due to particles or whatever during the powder coating process. Couldn't be bothered to take it off and sort.

The theft of these seems to be on the rise

What's your source ?

My souce, over 15K members......

9 stolen
3 attempted

The poll has been running for four years. No increase noted (Yet)

I have said before. Don't be sucked in by the fantastic marketing of security manufactures. But if it makes you feel better, Fit one. Or buy a car ?

What's your source ?

My souce, over 15K members......

9 stolen
3 attempted

The poll has been running for four years. No increase noted (Yet)

I have said before. Don't be sucked in by the fantastic marketing of security manufactures. But if it makes you feel better, Fit one. Or buy a car ?

A clock is £800+, Cyrmark £45/50, pound of butter £5 . I don't need a source or statistics. I also use 2 disc locks and a voodoo doll, avoid riding at sunset and sunrise and eat only Hess avocado. Statistics/SOURCE :rolleyes: You are not paying so why it bothers you? Just give a answer to a simple question.

To the OP, fitted the Cyrmark and a friend fitted the "ripoff" version from Ali for £20. Looks solid. Plenty of choices.

A clock is £800+, Cyrmark £45/50, pound of butter £5 . I don't need a source or statistics. I also use 2 disc locks and a voodoo doll, avoid riding at sunset and sunrise and eat only Hess avocado. Statistics :rolleyes:

silly sausage

Does the Cymarc one sit flush to the screen or slightly away, just thinking would not want it rubbing against the TFT.

How long does it take to get one of these protectors off?

Does the Cymarc one sit flush to the screen or slightly away, just thinking would not want it rubbing against the TFT.
Mine had some sticky back closed cell foam tape to stop chaffing and fitted right up to the screen.

How long does it take to get one of these protectors off?
It’s a less than 10min withe the right torx and hex keys, so quite a bit longer than it takes to get the TFT off.

I am not sure that the theft is even a ‘thing’ but I would have one just in case when I find a good quality one. I have seen a Cymark one and was not impressed with the finish. Rough edges, not smooth finish etc. can’t be that difficult to make a quality finish item especially at the price they charge!

I bought the Touratech one, overpriced and slow to arrive.

It had burrs on the metal and the logo sticker on it was put on crooked.

Buy the Cymarc one, with the sunshade....... I wish I had.

I learnt my lesson, when I needed a screen brace I bought Cymarc.

I am not sure that the theft is even a ‘thing’ but I would have one just in case when I find a good quality one. I have seen a Cymark one and was not impressed with the finish. Rough edges, not smooth finish etc. can’t be that difficult to make a quality finish item especially at the price they charge!

Let us know if you find one....

Sits flush & there is a strip of self adhesive neoprene that contacts the TFT. You don't even notice it when riding and can see it better with the sun shade..

Back
Top Bottom