Recommend me a tank sealant

albatross

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What can I use to clean and seal a tank..
Any recommendations appreciated..
Cheers

Afraid that’s not really an option, as quite rare, so need something to save it….any suggestions welcome.

Steel or plastic tank ?

I recently succesfully stripped a failed lining material out of an old Yamaha tank then derusted it with brick acid (loads of videos on You Tube).
As for liners sorry but not sure which ones are ethanol fuel proof ,although you could try Frost Restoration to see if they list any.

If it is a plastic ??????

Sorry guys, yes it is a metal tank with decent access and it’s more of a loss of the existing original paint, rather then lots of rust.
Can I use any rust converter??

If it is the red oxide liner flaking have a look at the trick of using nut and bolts and a cement mixer , it works.

Yes Neil,the red oxide liner has come off….
See @ 31.08 min… onPart 2

Good old Ed China….hmmmmm
Anybody got a cement mixer Cheshire?

I brought a kit off eBay, followed the process 100% and within a couple of weeks it started to breakdown and dissolve and blocked the carb jets.

I searched for someone reputable and came across www.tankcareproducts.co.uk whom will carry out the job in hand however when I called it was 6-8 wks due to his workload, I didn’t really want to wait that long so he advised what kit to buy from himself.

His remover stripped the old lining kit with ease and after following his detailed instructions I can report 12 months later the inside of the tank is still perfect.

I use caswells. It was invented by an industrial chemist. I have chatted go the guy a fair bit. The best sealent by a mile.

Back
Top Bottom