Opinion on Resetting Service on "LC"

And enjoy your trip. I've done the Ancona to Igoumenitsa boat. Over night, Best memory, was standing on the deck (which I slept on) with the sun rising as we silently passed Corfu. Have a great time.

So, if you could have removed all of that on the display with the GS911, you would have ? Or continued with it ?

Depends - had it been my bike - possibly- but by removing it, you dont have anything to show the dealer / recovery when they show up ??

Hire bike - leave well alone its there problem lol

Dont get me wrong , once you have a nice big TFT, it is a PITA when some warning covers most of it. (yes i'd like that gone)

but a warning / reminder symbol in one of the periphery positions ... so what, i'm looking at the road and surroundings, not the TFT s such

just the speedo, and i could duplicate that on the NAV

I was late for a service then I was unable to renew the emergency cover. Though I pointed out I was only late due to illness and was under the service mileage. Then I was able to renew the emergency service.
Check with the mothership if this falls foul with renewal criteria for emergency service. If you have no plans to renew why bother about it. Just remove the warning message.

So you're fickle too:blast

No, just old :D hell having MPH in BIG figures is brilliant, compared to the 2016 tiny display ..

having to revert to either the top of the TFT due to the ""warning"" or the NAv wasnt nice , but doable

Having a warning triangle in the corner of the display ... natch .... it already has Bluetooth and a host of other symbols dotted round the edge, so adding another ..

And enjoy your trip. I've done the Ancona to Igoumenitsa boat. Over night, Best memory, was standing on the deck (which I slept on) with the sun rising as we silently passed Corfu. Have a great time.

Thanks buddy - yes - really excited! Almost every day doing "something" in preparation for the trip. One of the guys coming on the trip is really (more than me!) excited and his wifey is well hacked off :) Like most of us he packs 5 mins before leaving on a package holiday with the wife, and shows almost no interest...but then...a bike trip and he's excited 6 months prior :JB Wifey hacked right off :)

I was late for a service then I was unable to renew the emergency cover. Though I pointed out I was only late due to illness and was under the service mileage. Then I was able to renew the emergency service.
Check with the mothership if this falls foul with renewal criteria for emergency service. If you have no plans to renew why bother about it. Just remove the warning message.

Think that's what I will do, :beerjug:

No, Its pre set to 6k. Good idea though. And Id do the same if I could.
I’m not going to contradict this seemingly untroubled by doubt statement with equal conviction, but… I think you maybe mistaken in that one can select a future date or mileage (in KM), for when the service reminder pops up.
Alan R

I’m not going to contradict this seemingly untroubled by doubt statement with equal conviction, but… I think you maybe mistaken in that one can select a future date or mileage (in KM), for when the service reminder pops up.
Alan R

That's Interesting. Ill have to look at that at the next service. I did look to see if I could set it for 30 years or so, So may have missed that. Cheers:thumb

Why not send an email to the dealer and explain about the oil change allready been taken care of, and then ask if they would suggest whether to take the service enroute, according to milage, or wait until you return and then take the service at the dealer, knowing that the milage has been exceeded while oil change is taken care of...

Getting an answer in writing may be worthwhile in case of any milage dispute vs extended warranty...

As for resetting the service, why not go to manual settings and extend the date to a time beyond your return, and the milage to a distance slightly more than expexted for the return.

Why not send an email to the dealer and explain about the oil change allready been taken care of, and then ask if they would suggest whether to take the service enroute, according to milage, or wait until you return and then take the service at the dealer, knowing that the milage has been exceeded while oil change is taken care of...

Getting an answer in writing may be worthwhile in case of any milage dispute vs extended warranty...

As for resetting the service, why not go to manual settings and extend the date to a time beyond your return, and the milage to a distance slightly more than expexted for the return.

knutk - i naughtily recorded the conversation on my phone, and they told me to go and do the trip, my bike was too early for it's service ;) They always seem happy for me to do the final drive (bevel box) oil, and splines myself which I have done every 2 years since I bought the bike

That's Interesting. Ill have to look at that at the next service. I did look to see if I could set it for 30 years or so, So may have missed that. Cheers:thumb

OK, so this morning I have been reading the GS-911 manual, it says...

If you want to set the service reminder to appear at a custom interval, do the steps that follow:
i. Click Choose custom date / mileage.
o The Custom service reminder dialogue will be shown.
ii. Click the date drop-down and choose the correct service date from the calendar.
iii. Set the date at which the next service reminder will appear to any value between 31 and 1 000 calendar days. You cannot set a custom date interval outside these limits.
iv. Enter the mileage at which the next service must be done in the Next service due at odometer: field.
v. You can set the mileage at which the next service reminder will appear to any value between 500 and 60 000 Km (300 to 40 000 miles). You cannot set a custom mileage interval outside these limits.
vi. Click Apply to apply the date and mileage settings.

So you can set max 1000 days (3 years ain't bad).

I'll just nudge my service due over by 1000 mils so I don't get the warning lights, and book into the dealer as soon as I get back :gringo

Once I've drunk my coffee I'll take my laptop and GS-911 into the garage :)

Just been in the garage and got the job done. Added 1400 miles extra to the "service due", and it immediately showed up on my BMW Connected App on my phone once I had turned the ignition off and on again. Success! I added the extra 400 miles because (as those with TFT will know) you get the "service due soon, make and appointment at your dealer" message a few miles ahead of the actual due date. This way I should not get any messages until return to UK.

I left the DATE of next service the same, as I will be getting it done well under 12 months from last date. I'll get it serviced by the main dealer as soon as I can on return, because the next service is the bigger one (24k), and I'm sure it'll be needing a new air filter etc by then (it'll be valves and brake fluid too I guess).

As I said, I have already done an interim partial service myself, new engine oil/filter, changed the bevel oil, and greased the shaft splines (shaft recall done by the dealer in Oct 2022)

It was really easy to manipulate the service counter with the GS-911 to custom values

Thanks to those who contributed, I think we have the most pragmatic option here :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom