Grantown On Spey Speed limit change

fatbaldbob

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Grantown On Spey has lowered the speed limit for the entire length of the town; new limit is now 20mph. This follows on from Aviemore which changed a while back to 20mph but only for half of the town. Just be aware if passing through, no doubt there will be easy pickings for speed vans for a while until people get used to the new limit.

Grantown On Spey has lowered the speed limit for the entire length of the town; new limit is now 20mph. This follows on from Aviemore which changed a while back to 20mph but only for half of the town. Just be aware if passing through, no doubt there will be easy pickings for speed vans for a while until people get used to the new limit.

It does help around the Tesco area in Aviemore, so many folk treat that stretch as a pedestrian precinct and walk all over the road. In Grantown it'll just create more noise as folk accelerate back to 30, the main street isn't as busy with folk walking.

I was thinking about Scotland's recent changes, whilst I was up there recently (I used to live in Linlithgow).

A load of changes have been brought about since the dominance of the SNP, and I don't remember the public being consulted!
* I see loads of 20 limits in Scottish towns now
* drink drive limit reduced
* air rifle ban
* no "green laning" - altho this changed with the "right to roam" maybe?
* Gender recognition law
* minimum priced alcohol
* banning "happy hours" in pubs and deals on booze in shops

I can't remember the others, but whilst some may be good and some bad, I don't recall the Scottish people being consulted on any of these changes?

My Scottish pals always stop at Tesco in Carlisle to stock up on booze when heading North :)

I think you're only consulted on policies when there's an election

Green laning was banned a long time ago. The others are a mix of wrong solutions to issues and political posturing. If someone needs a drink they'll get it, regardless of a price increase.

I think you're only consulted on policies when there's an election

Green laning was banned a long time ago. The others are a mix of wrong solutions to issues and political posturing. If someone needs a drink they'll get it, regardless of a price increase.

correct and the most recent crap around 20p deposit on cans and bottled drinks is another example

A fair bit down and across from your good self, our county has 20 mph limits aplenty, but our PCC says they are advisory...
https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/23368983.norfolk-police-commissioner-says-20mph-limits-advisory/

Back
Top Bottom