2002 GS1150 adventure revs fluctuating and bogging out once hot

GSAsparky

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello all

Once my bike is warm maybe 15 minutes into running, the revs will jump about at tick over (for example waiting at lights) and this can sometimes cause the bike to cut out, or be very close to this. Any ideas as to what this issue could be?

Also to be noted new Hall effect sensor and battery around 3 months ago. The bike has been running perfect since this and has only recently began behaving the way it is now. I’ve also checked spark plugs etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Clean out the breather tubes that allow the tank to vent; use a bit of strimmer line.

Clean out the breather tubes that allow the tank to vent; use a bit of strimmer line.

I'd suggest blowing or inserting the strimmer line into the tube from the bottom (making sure it is clean first) with the fuel cap open and feeling/listening for air coming up. If you use strimmer cord or similar from the top you can risk pushing debris further into the tube. Other considerations could be making sure the carbs are balanced or a blocked fuel filter. I had similar symptoms and the 'U' shaped pipe inside the tank that links the pump to the filter had failed internally. It is specifically made to be immersed into petrol and has to be a particular construction.

A bit more info here

Back
Top Bottom