How to pair with TFT?

Neil12GS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a 1250GSA and upgraded from Nav6 to XT.
Is there a recommended way to do the pairing with this setup?
Do I now not pair anything to the TFT and pair all through the XT.
Is there an order / priority for pairing the mobile phone and helmet intercom ,as there was with the troublesome Nav6 ?

Thanks..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LzPoILCj-aU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yes, there is a strict pairing sequence you can fast forward to about 38 minutes or watch the lot.

The video shows a VI but the methodology is the same. I used the video to pair my XT to my 1600 (which also has a TFT screen) along with my phone and Sena headset, all of which work fine. I did though find it handy to have the manual for my new Sena SRL Mesh open too, just to get the pairing channels open correctly. I have used the video twice on my 1600, simply as I have had a new TFT screen fitted in an attempt to mend a totally different problem. I also used it for my 850 GSA, which also had a TFT screen.

I find it useful to clear ALL the old pairings etc from everything, as suggested in the video.

There are lots of other ‘How to do it’ videos out there, too. Find one you like best.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LzPoILCj-aU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yes, there is a strict pairing sequence you can fast forward to about 38 minutes or watch the lot.

The video shows a VI but the methodology is the same. I used the video to pair my XT to my 1600 (which also has a TFT screen) along with my phone and Sena headset, all of which work fine. I did though find it handy to have the manual for my new Sena SRL Mesh open too, just to get the pairing channels open correctly. I have used the video twice on my 1600, simply as I have had a new TFT screen fitted in an attempt to mend a totally different problem. I also used it for my 850 GSA, which also had a TFT screen.

I find it useful to clear ALL the old pairings etc from everything, as suggested in the video.

There are lots of other ‘How to do it’ videos out there, too. Find one you like best.

Interesting, what are the benefits of linking the XT with the TFT screen ??

I don’t think it is linking with the TFT screen.
I understand that the TFT is left out of all pairing and the XT takes its place.
TFT just used for bike info stuff..

I don’t think it is linking with the TFT screen.
I understand that the TFT is left out of all pairing and the XT takes its place.
TFT just used for bike info stuff..

Used this setup for a number of years and it works for me

Attachments

• Pairing Mobile Phone.jpg
    Pairing Mobile Phone.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 157
Used this setup for a number of years and it works for me

So what you are saying is to follow the above procedure but to replace all the references to the ‘TFT’ with ‘Zumo XT’. ?

So what you are saying is to follow the above procedure but to replace all the references to the ‘TFT’ with ‘Zumo XT’. ?

Your question (in bold) was:

How to pair with TFT?

I have a 1250GSA and upgraded from Nav6 to XT.
Is there a recommended way to do the pairing with this setup?
Do I now not pair anything to the TFT and pair all through the XT.
Is there an order / priority for pairing the mobile phone and helmet intercom ,as there was with the troublesome Nav6 ?

Thanks..

You won’t get very far pairing the TFT screen with anything if you start replacing the word ‘TFT’ with some other word.

Just watch one of the many the videos on how to do it. In the meantime, here is a very simple screen shot, lifted from the video in post #2.

b5410c9efbddad667ab3db0c3e9d3790.png

If you follow the instructions, you will end up with your TFT, your XT, your phone, your headset and the headset of your pillion (if applicable) all paired together in perfect harmony.

If you really want to pair items WITHOUT involving the TFT screen at all, simply follow the procedures set out in one of the many DIY videos or web pages available.

Using the methods above I have successfully paired lots of things together on several motorbikes. For example, I have paired:

A. My 1600 with its TFT screen to my XT, my phone and my headset

B. My 850 GSA (before I sold it) with its TFT screen to my XT, my phone and my headset

C. My Himalayan (which doesn’t have a TFT screen at all) to an XT, phone and headset

Thanks for that.
I was thinking that the TFT would conflict with the XT, for phone/ music control etc.
I will try the above then just replacing the Nav6 with XT where it refers to ‘Nav’
The title of my post was misleading. It should be ‘How to pair XT if you have TFT’

No problem.

The only way that they can interfere with each other, is if they are not paired (daisy chained) together in the correct sequence.

I found it very handy to also have the manual for my Sena SRL Mesh headset to hand as well, just so I could get the pairing button pushes correct. Similarly, I cleared any old pairing settings from the TFT, my phone, my headset and XT BEFORE I started.

Just follow the instructions carefully and you’ll be fine.

:beerjug:

No problem.

The only way that they can interfere with each other, is if they are not paired (daisy chained) together in the correct sequence.

I found it very handy to also have the manual for my Sena SRL Mesh headset to hand as well, just so I could get the pairing button pushes correct. Similarly, I cleared any old pairing settings from the TFT, my phone, my headset and XT BEFORE I started.

Just follow the instructions carefully and you’ll be fine.

:beerjug:

what are the benefits of linking the XT with the TFT screen ??

Back
Top Bottom