Tanger Med or Tanger Ville?

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Crossing over on the bikes from either Algeciras or Tarifa. Last time we crossed into Tanger Ville, and stayed in Tanger before heading south.

It was OK but we needed the fixers.

What's the current thinking on entry port?

Algeciras....Tangier med....
First off the boat...Customs,insurance,phonecard done in about 40 minute's

Tanger Med is marginally cheaper, ferries are more regular and less likely to be cancelled if high winds.

But if you are headed south on the coastal motorway then Tanger Ville is more convenient.

Tanger Med is marginally cheaper, ferries are more regular and less likely to be cancelled if high winds.

But if you are headed south on the coastal motorway then Tanger Ville is more convenient.

Thanks Tim. We’re currently working out whether to take a late afternoon ferry, then stay somewhere local the first night or stay in Spain then get an early crossing.

I guess if the former then Tanger Ville would be better. What do you think?

Either way we’ll likely route through Chefchouen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the Algeciras - Tanger Med in 2015 with a few others. Once off the bike, going through customs was really straightforward, no fixers required although there were a few about. All bar one of us had previously organised green-cards, but there was an insurance cabin just past the customs clearance. The certificate was issues within a few minutes and we were then on our way.

Found many of the roads really shiny - where tarmac becomes really polished. It felt like riding on glass at times, so hope they've resurfaced some of the worst sections ahead of your trip.

Can recommend Chefchouen - a very colourful city, although alcohol was pretty scarce there. We then rode down to Fez, where it seemed available pretty much everywhere.

Have a great trip!

Back
Top Bottom