Austria

We’re booked in for a week at Hotel Enzian, Landeck, Austria for a week in June. Stayed there a couple of times previously. I think they are a member of this group of hotels that cater for skiers in winter and motorcyclists in summer. If you hand your (Garmin only last time we were there) Sat Nav in to reception they will download all of the gpx files for these routes which then appear as ‘route 1’ …….’route 2’ etc for you to import.

We’re booked in for a week at Hotel Enzian, Landeck, Austria for a week in June. Stayed there a couple of times previously. I think they are a member of this group of hotels that cater for skiers in winter and motorcyclists in summer. If you hand your (Garmin only last time we were there) Sat Nav in to reception they will download all of the gpx files for these routes which then appear as ‘route 1’ …….’route 2’ etc for you to import.

Enzian is part of https://www.motorrad-hotel.com/de/die-wirte/ not Moho. Klaus is a good host.

And of the Touren-Fahrer group

https://tourenfahrer-hotels.de/en/hotel/austria/tyrol/hotel-enzian-1/detail/

Classification of TF Hotels

The division of TF hotels into three categories should make it easier for you to find the right hotel for you. In each hotel entry, the region and place where the hotel is located are marked in the corresponding colour (orange, blue, green):

Orange Headline

It says that in these houses motorcyclists are very welcome guests, who are given special attention and are attuned to their needs house and host.

Blue heading

These houses offer a very high standard regarding service and motorcycle-specific equipment. Motorcyclists are regular guests, especially on weekends.

Green heading

These are houses in which (almost) without exception motorcyclists are guests, and everything

Over the years I have stayed at 7 of the 9 hotels in that group. All good in their own way.
Tend to be fixed menu choices but I've always eaten well.
Hotel Condor, Gran Paradis and Sonnegg all have pools and nice spas if you want to chill after a ride out, or it's chucking down rain or snow as I has once in May. I have been back to all 3 several times.
Weisseespitze is also good.
Enzian was looking a bit tired the last time I was there. It feels busier and a bit less relaxed than the others.

The Enzian is a not so great hotel, in a not so great location, which has latched onto the ‘Biker friendly’ demand.

The Enzian is a not so great hotel, in a not so great location, which has latched onto the ‘Biker friendly’ demand.

In your opinion Richard. Everyone has different requirements from a holiday. Some like to make it up as they go along and do booking.com each day. My wife and I have done that and had a great time of it. Others like to stay in one place and ride the area. We have done that also in several countries. Enzian, while in my opinion expensive, gives you good accommodation, very good food, and access to riding in Austria, Switzerland, Italy and Bavaria. Added to which they have a fleet of current BMW bikes to rent.

Personally, I would regard Enzian very highly, as I would another hotel in their group, Olympia in Arraba.

@Wapping there is another region still encouraging people like us
https://www.visitcarinthia.at/motorcycle/
Lovely part of Austria with the Maltatal, Nockalmstrasse and the 99 road over the Obertauern as well as the southern part of the Grossglockner.
Routes in GPX & KML

Indeed so, but we are becoming an endangered species. I was looking at the German ‘Kurven Koenig’ site. That used to be exclusively motorcycles; now it’s often healthy hikers.

Back
Top Bottom