2020 1250RT ASC/DTC Warning Flashes Rapidly! Issue or Fault

Trooper104

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
New to me my 2020 RT1250 has over the last few days of getting to know one another has thrown the Warning ASC/DTC light rapidly flashing on the dash.
It didn't do this the first few times I rode it in a steady as she goes mode.
Fair enough its doing its job when I've been giving it a bit of a push in Dynamic on some good twisties.
Coming out of DYNAMIC into normal ROAD mode and settling down to normal smooth riding the ASC/DTC Warning light now flashes rapidly on any given corner on even a slight lean.
Is this normal or have I awoken the Warning system that I suspect has never been put through its paces before with the previous more gentel owner?
Your views guys is this normal on yours?

CHeck your owners manual perhaps?
My initial thought is to clean both the front and rear ABS wheel sensons as a bit of muck can be a nuisance.
Conering is the clue here - leaning over introduces that bit of movement in the disc/sensor clearance.

Last edited:
Checked and cleaned the brake discs still the flashing persists on normal cornering with minimal lean.
I take it this is not normal on your bikes?

I have never had that.

Checked and cleaned the brake discs still the flashing persists on normal cornering with minimal lean.
I take it this is not normal on your bikes?

Not normal at all. Done over 10k and never seen this, also ride fleet bikes and again never seen this

Thanks guys for your reply’s to date.
It would appear I have sparked into life a dormant sensor that is now over reacting as it does not do this on most of your bikes.
There’s nothing worse than going to the dealer and being told “they all do that sir!” Just before the manufacturer warranty runs out to find out much later that it is indeed a faulty overactive sensor.

Thanks guys for your reply’s to date.
It would appear I have sparked into life a dormant sensor that is now over reacting as it does not do this on most of your bikes.
There’s nothing worse than going to the dealer and being told “they all do that sir!” Just before the manufacturer warranty runs out to find out much later that it is indeed a faulty overactive sensor.

Take it to a dealer and request them to check all Technical Service Bulletins relating to your fault.

Back
Top Bottom