KTM 690 enduro - Recommend me engine case protectors

Put the Triple Clamp ones on my 701 - good fit and come with longer bolts so easy to install.

Crap still gets behind them so best to take off and clean behind with GT85 on a regular basis or completely seal them in place with silicone.

I put the Adventure Spec ones on Mike - so far they have worked just fine.
I've also got the Rally Raid engine bars (sadly now discontinued) which give a good level of protection to side impacts, but I know of one 701 owner who punched a small hole in the side casing when the rear brake bent inwards after a minor spill - so that's probably the main reason you need some additional protection in that area.

Triple clamp ones look pretty good too! Only issue you may get is some folk reckon the ABS/plastic type of case protectors make the engine run a bit hotter.

Enjoy the new bike
Toddy

I put the Adventure Spec ones on Mike - so far they have worked just fine.
I've also got the Rally Raid engine bars (sadly now discontinued) which give a good level of protection to side impacts, but I know of one 701 owner who punched a small hole in the side casing when the rear brake bent inwards after a minor spill - so that's probably the main reason you need some additional protection in that area.

Triple clamp ones look pretty good too! Only issue you may get is some folk reckon the ABS/plastic type of case protectors make the engine run a bit hotter.

Enjoy the new bike
Toddy

Cheers Toddy

I went out on her Saturday at 1000.. by 1030 I’d thrown her down the road :blast. Bike ok, I’m on Tramadol for poorly ribs :D

Cheers Toddy

I went out on her Saturday at 1000.. by 1030 I’d thrown her down the road :blast. Bike ok, I’m on Tramadol for poorly ribs :D

FFS :blast - how did you manage that ?!!!

Tramadol is rather excellent stuff though, and just take care when you get back on her as they have a good power to weight ratio!

PS. Will there be a New Forest gathering this year? Fancy coming if I’m not away again

Good point and no idea - I guess it will come down to whether we all be bothered to get our arses in gear and get it organised. I'd be up for another crack at it though!

No-one? There’s a few on here with 690/701ˋs… have you bothered with case guards?

R&G case guards on mine.

Can't really recommend them as they didn't fit well out of the box and the supplied screws were not the right length. They seem to work well enough now I've fettled them though.

R&G case guards on mine.

Can't really recommend them as they didn't fit well out of the box and the supplied screws were not the right length. They seem to work well enough now I've fettled them though.

Cheers Cookie

FFS :blast - how did you manage that ?!!!

Bike came with Supermoto wheels and tyres, too keen to go for a ride I didn’t swop them over to the enduro first. Crappy lane, tucked the front on a central muddy line and tucked the front, spinning the bike.

21/18 on now, Supermotos will be going I think

Bike came with Supermoto wheels and tyres, too keen to go for a ride I didn’t swop them over to the enduro first. Crappy lane, tucked the front on a central muddy line and tucked the front, spinning the bike.

21/18 on now, Supermotos will be going I think

Ya silly bugger :D

Keep the Supermotos for road riding days - I have two sets of wheels, OE ones with the standard Mitas tyres which I use for road riding and then a nice set built by Central Wheels with proper knobblies on for those days when I venture out onto the dirt!

I've also got the Rally Raid engine bars (sadly now discontinued) which give a good level of protection to side impacts,

Just be very careful if running the RR evolution side tanks as well, in an impact the crash bars can break the tank. :blast

Just be very careful if running the RR evolution side tanks as well, in an impact the crash bars can break the tank. :blast

I'm not, so thankfully not a problem. I've got the Rade Garage 5 litre tank in the space where the humungous airobx used to be!

I thought the RR side tanks only fitted the earlier models (pre-2019)? They seemed to stop doing a lot of stuff for the 690 when KTM slightly modified parts of the frame and fittings in 2019 and RR got the hump a bit! Something to do with all the extra cash needed to change the tooling etc. to alter the design.

Back
Top Bottom