System Panniers - Global Lids ?

Holy thread resurrection.

Just listed a tidy pair of these on the for sale section. Bit of a bargain if you check it out.

Holy thread resurrection.

Just listed a tidy pair of these on the for sale section. Bit of a bargain if you check it out.

I've been tempted for a while.... do they make THAT much difference?

I'm currently using a set of aftermarket insert bags as well crush down nicely when compressed into the panniers - I wonder if I'd get 'empty volume' if I used them... (just thinking aloud)

(damn, I'm not a subscriber.... :( )

You can also increase capacity by removing the exhaust end can and fitting a 'stubby' exhaust.
This then allows you the space to use an RT left hand pannier, which is a mirror of the right pannier.
Witt added Global lids you've got the biggest system pannier capacity available.

You can also increase capacity by removing the exhaust end can and fitting a 'stubby' exhaust.
This then allows you the space to use an RT left hand pannier, which is a mirror of the right pannier.
Witt added Global lids you've got the biggest system pannier capacity available.

Probably the easiest way to get more luggage capacity. :)

A worthwhile addition

The biggest difference for me was that it meant I could get a full face helmet in the pannier, handy if you don't want to lug it round with you on a day trip.

The biggest difference for me was that it meant I could get a full face helmet in the pannier, handy if you don't want to lug it round with you on a day trip.

I have a top-box for that.

I've never understood BMW's obsession with 'small' topboxes. I had an R1150RT topbox on my Rockster for a brief spell - it looked like it 'went' really well on the bike - but my Arai didn't fit at all (even on it's side), it seemed utterly nonsensical.

Canny thread resurrection, must say they did make a difference but the bike has been gone for over 9 years now.

Nowadays I prefer the top loading GSA alloy panniers if only because you can cram more into them (sit on the top to get them closed ) and then strap stuff to the lids (what weight limit ?)

as posted on other thrads...

Gentlemen,
just wondering if anyone has a pair of these 'Global' panniers or just the lids?
And would be willing to part with them for a worthy cause*. :nenau

*my long awaited and much hoped for holiday with Mrs Og later this year.

Thank you. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom