FOOD 'N' DRINK

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date
Called in at the ShellFish Bar at Kishorn today. The place serves cups of tea/coffee, no pots but you can have another cup for only £1.95 I asked for Cullen Skink £4.95which to put it mildly was crap, liquidised with very little sign of any fish, I asked for a roll for my soup, 'don't do rolls for the soup' was the reply.

It was an expensive tourist rap which doesn't deserve to stay open and none of us will be going there again. We were supposed to dine at the Applecross Inn but there was a cycle race on so we couldn't get to it.

In two minds about this but hey ho, it's too good to keep to myself.

Cafe Gaia. Half way down Leith Walk. NOT an Italian cafe. That'll get you a flea in the ear. SICILIAN if you please and family run. Very tasty pasta dishes, arancini, melanzana parmigiana and monster size panini. Also very good coffee.

Came across it while buying stuff at Wilkinson's tools around the corner in Arthur Street and is now a regular lunch stop plus her indoors likes it too. Bonus points!

"Davids" cafe in Inverary, soup you could eat with a knife and fork, home baking and fresh filled rolls. Sit outside or take away and eat at the front. :thumb2

the schoolhouse @ Ringford A75

As above the Schoolhouse at Ringford on the A75 ( south west Scotland )
passed it dozens of times , went in today for lunch
WHAT a Gem of a place , pleasant surroundings , restaurant standard food at cafe prices , Bike friendly, nice staff .

Called in at the ShellFish Bar at Kishorn today. The place serves cups of tea/coffee, no pots but you can have another cup for only £1.95 I asked for Cullen Skink £4.95which to put it mildly was crap, liquidised with very little sign of any fish, I asked for a roll for my soup, 'don't do rolls for the soup' was the reply.

It was an expensive tourist rap which doesn't deserve to stay open and none of us will be going there again. We were supposed to dine at the Applecross Inn but there was a cycle race on so we couldn't get to it.

I know this a late reply, We have ridden past that place for 15 years, a couple of years ago we gave it a try and can happily say we intend to ride past in the future.

Where are the good see food restaurants? I like the one at Kinlochleven and looking forward to my trip up to Kylesku in a couple of weeks time

Dumfries Breakfast

This week, four of us had a really enjoyable breakfast with excellent service at would you believe Tescos at Dumfries. Even more surprising was that the coffee was good. Also the cheapest petrol we saw in the area.

Toilets were clean and fresh.

Bikes could be seen from our table, masses of parking.

Four of us left almost speechless as the whole experience was far better than expected.

Back
Top Bottom