Pink Way Region 3 - Southampton to Lands End

Lands End Hotel

At some stage I'll need to contact them to ensure they are ok with us using their car park as the handover place and see if they'll provide free coffee while people are waiting :rolleyes:

Does anyone have a contact in the Lands End Hotel which will make it easier ;)

Clive said:
Great! - I can half the time estimate for our leg then ;)

Hi Clive......just to pre warn you....and the rest of the TITS team will agree with this.....no probs here with riding a bike...but my navigational skills are cack.... :) :eek:

Jaq said:
Hi Clive......just to pre warn you....and the rest of the TITS team will agree with this.....no probs here with riding a bike...but my navigational skills are cack.... :) :eek:

No problem - so are mine.

Which is why I have a GPS :D

BTW - not sure what you are riding - does it have a 140 mile range tank?

As it sounds like you riding will be in the early hours would advise you tank up in Plymouth as the 24hr pumps tend to be on the A30 in Cornwall.

Next time I go up to Plymouth I'll check the station in Saltash to make sure it is 24 hr good place to stop before coming into Cornwall.

Clive said:
No problem - so are mine.

Which is why I have a GPS :D

BTW - not sure what you are riding - does it have a 140 mile range tank?

Clive....I'm on a F650GS....so should be ok.....:)

Clive said:
At some stage I'll need to contact them to ensure they are ok with us using their car park as the handover place and see if they'll provide free coffee while people are waiting :rolleyes:

Does anyone have a contact in the Lands End Hotel which will make it easier ;)

Might be good to find out if we can crash (excuse the pun) out there for a few hours as well, 'cos we'll probably be too knacked to ride home straight away..... :bounce1

ShaunT279 said:
Next time I go up to Plymouth I'll check the station in Saltash to make sure it is 24 hr good place to stop before coming into Cornwall.

I've been informed that the station just off the Parkway at Mannamead Road is 24 hour so I've included that in the route as the last petrol stop - maybe you could confirm that if you're up that way? :thumb

Jaq said:
Clive....I'm on a F650GS....so should be ok.....:)

The M5 J30 services at Exeter are approx 1/2 way between Weymouth and Plymouth - I haven't included them in the "official" route as a petrol stop but we join the M5 there for a short distance so it'll probably be a good point for a short break (and refill as required) anyway.

Theres 24hr fuel in Newton Abbot Tescos opposite the race course which is on the route :beer:

Hi I’m in Bournemouth and have just got my shift plans in from work and it looks like I’m not working 5th-6th September so if I can help with baton support or just to lead you though Bournemouth let me know
Bob :thumb

Petrol

As promised checked the Petrol station at Saltash on Carkeel Roundabout (can't miss it) and it is 24hr. They also have one of those coffee machine things it needed.

I was going to be cheeky and ask Pete at Ocean if they could do some refreshments but I think at 2.30 - 3.00 am would be above and beyond the call. :rolleyes:

ShaunT279 said:
As promised checked the Petrol station at Saltash on Carkeel Roundabout (can't miss it) and it is 24hr. They also have one of those coffee machine things it needed.

I was going to be cheeky and ask Pete at Ocean if they could do some refreshments but I think at 2.30 - 3.00 am would be above and beyond the call. :rolleyes:

Shaun....just tell him it's us doing it and I'm sure he'll have bacon butties frying and cups of tea waiting at his house!!.....Not!!....:)

Back
Top Bottom