Pink Way Region 9 - Fort William to Inverness

Always one to nominate someone else how about contacting BIKERHAZEL. She introduced herself last year after getting her 1200 and stays in lanarkshire, doesn't say whether north or south but she was looking forward to spring

Better get ready to :duck:

columbus said:
Always one to nominate someone else how about contacting BIKERHAZEL. She introduced herself last year after getting her 1200 and stays in lanarkshire, doesn't say whether north or south but she was looking forward to spring

Better get ready to :duck:

Columbus,

Just tried to PM her but she is not a site sponser & it would'nt allow me to do so, also not sure if she still visit's the forum, she has'nt posted since 29/12/05.

Was worth a try.

;)

I am comin up with Cookson to ride your route with ya all then go onto my own. See ya all in May
Laur :rolleyes:

Laur said:
I am comin up with Cookson to ride your route with ya all then go onto my own. See ya all in May

Laur,
That is some commitment. I've driven 1,000 miles in a "oner" numerous times before, going from Fife to Germany via Dover /Calais and it is mega-tiring and as a result, mega-dangerous!. Those journies were mostly on motorways and as a result, you're able to hike on. The two routes you intend to ride in a "oner" are on A class windy roads when your average speed will be much less than motorway driving/riding.

I reckon riding both routes will be easier said than done but I wish you well :thumb

Ronno

P.S. I hope you don't think I'm trying to piss on your Parade... :beerjug:

Riders so far
G C
Cookson
Stumpy
Mart P
OONYACK
Mrs OONYACK

Welcome aboard OONYACK and Mrs OONYACK :bounce1
I'm looking forward to the recce in May, perhaps Ronno can be persuaded to join us as well ;) the more the merrier.

Laur said:
Laur, good on you, :clap we could work out an exact handover point when we are doing the recce.
Cheers
Gordon

Mrs Oonyack wants to go

Fort William to Inverness
or
Fort Billy tae Th Sneckopolis
as we say on Skye
:clap

G.C. said:
Riders so far
G C
Cookson
Stumpy
Mart P
OONYACK
Mrs OONYACK

Welcome aboard OONYACK and Mrs OONYACK :bounce1
I'm looking forward to the recce in May, perhaps Ronno can be persuaded to join us as well ;) the more the merrier.

Laur, good on you, :clap we could work out an exact handover point when we are doing the recce.
Cheers
Gordon

G.C., I've already volunteered for May...are you related to Mike Baldwin? :D

I'll try and do the September run as well but will need to see about work commitments first :thumb

Ronno said:
Laur,
That is some commitment. I've driven 1,000 miles in a "oner" numerous times before, going from Fife to Germany via Dover /Calais and it is mega-tiring and as a result, mega-dangerous!. Those journies were mostly on motorways and as a result, you're able to hike on. The two routes you intend to ride in a "oner" are on A class windy roads when your average speed will be much less than motorway driving/riding.

I reckon riding both routes will be easier said than done but I wish you well :thumb

Ronno

P.S. I hope you don't think I'm trying to piss on your Parade... :beerjug:

Hiya
I was born and raised in Canada, almost the NWT though still in Alberta. There are no roads in Scotland that can suprise me and I am very used to riding /driving long distances. And I am not adverse to pullin in and takin a nap. :D (my dad had cancer a few years ago and takin him for treatment was a 6 hours drive, and hour stop then straight back again..........and winter so snow storms etc. No biggie lol :p )

Thanks for the concern though :D

Motion Lotion

Hi Laura/G.C.

Re the refueling problem if nothing is sorted out for definite before the date in question I'm prepared to drive to Thurso or where ever you suggest in my Munro mobile and if we can get hold of a few Jerry cans fill them up and wait for you folk's and if need be Top the bikes up.
By my calculations Ullapool to Inverness is approx 270 miles but I stand to be corrected on this.
I may be assisted in my endeavours by either Alte Wolf or SWMBO.

For your consideration,should our services not be required No offence will be taken.

K

Oh dear didn't realise your starting/finishing time had changed I had thought you were riding through the night so our services may not be required.

Ride safe :thumb

K

Hi All

Just caught up with this thread. I live in Thurso, and if you're doing the daylight hours I noted, you'll have no problem. The Esso station on the west of town is open from 0700 to 2200. There's also the Weigh Inn just before there, can't miss it as it's a big new building and they do food, or if its after 1645 when you get to Thurso and I'm in, I'll have coffee on, just let me know in advance. :)

Klinger said:
Hi Laura/G.C.

Re the refueling problem if nothing is sorted out for definite before the date in question I'm prepared to drive to Thurso or where ever you suggest in my Munro mobile and if we can get hold of a few Jerry cans fill them up and wait for you folk's and if need be Top the bikes up.
By my calculations Ullapool to Inverness is approx 270 miles but I stand to be corrected on this.
I may be assisted in my endeavours by either Alte Wolf or SWMBO.

For your consideration,should our services not be required No offence will be taken.

K

Oh dear didn't realise your starting/finishing time had changed I had thought you were riding through the night so our services may not be required.

Ride safe :thumb

K

Considering where you live Klinger, that is an incredible offer :thumb

Hi G.C.

We seem to have lost your last post's & the thread you started on the Recce on 13th of May.

I believe UKGSER had technical problem.

Do you want to have another go.

;)

Cookson said:
Hi G.C.
We seem to have lost your last post's & the thread you started on the Recce on 13th of May.

I believe UKGSER had technical problem.

Do you want to have another go.;)

Bugger ! I hadn’t noticed that, cheers Cookson. :confused:
Klinger, incredible offer, as you point out, our times have been changed to suit the remote area :thumb It would be superb to have you involved in some other way if you are available and willing. Thanks
Sethmopp, good to have another local on board., are you around on the 13th May for our Recce ? Fancy doing a bit of the leg with us ? Local input is always invaluable. Are you available on the 7th September ?
I’m going to start a “Recce” thread, I think its about time we broke this down.
Sláinte
G C

G.C. said:
Hi Cookson.
End of May sound good, if it’s a weekend then avoiding the bank holiday (27th 28th) would be best for me.
For B&B I would recommend Glenlochy Guest house. Hugh is a mate, phone in the evening. :thumb
I use O2 and its ok, not 100% coverage, none of then are. Vodaphone seems slightly better.
Cheers
G C

G.C.

Just tried to book into this guest house & they say they don't have any rooms available, any other idea's appreciated.

;)

Hi Tony, try Bank Street Lodge
ask for John or Kenny (its their business) ask if you can park the bikes in their own secure car park.
If no joy there, call me 0771 891 6981.
Got to go, I have a 6pm meeting.
Cheers
Gordon

Just had confirmation that i'm off on the 13th so I will be up for the recce. Any ideas on the start time and I take it that we are leaving from the lochy?

columbus said:
Any ideas on the start time and I take it that we are leaving from the lochy?

Morning, yep leaving from the pub car park at 8:30 :eek: its going to be a full day.

If you need any help with accom for the night before or after the run, give me a shout or try the link above.
The other option would be to meet us somewhere on the route.
Glad you can make it :thumb
G C

At present I'm planning to come up that morning but that may change since I also have the 12th off but in any case I'll see you about 8am.

Hi

Sorry I missed you all, I was away last weekend. I should be up here on the 7th september, but will be at work until about 1630. I will try and catch up with you all then.

Are we all ready ?

Who's going to be joining us on the route ?

I'm coming up on tuesday, maybe staying in a tent for tuesday & wednesday night, not sure yet. Anyone around fancy a beer.

:beer:

Back
Top Bottom