Publicity Coordinator

Baton rider
GS Girl

Baton Support team
GS Boyz 1
GS Boyz 2
GS Boyz 3

Inverness - Berwick upon Tweed

As a matter of interest what's the intended route for this part of the challenge

Regd's K

Inverness to Dundee

I'm a newbie here to the site but justed wanted to say I may be able to do some of the Inverness down leg.

Klinger said:
As a matter of interest what's the intended route for this part of the challenge

Regd's K

I dont think there is one yet Klinger... how do you fancy becoming a co-ordinator for this region and planning one for us ? :thumb

Egon said:
I'm a newbie here to the site but justed wanted to say I may be able to do some of the Inverness down leg.

Welcome to the site Egon ... I'm sure you're offer will be most welcomed, keep a close eye on the site for updates etc. :)

At the time I estimate that the event will be heading from Inverness south, I am usually heading that way as my loved ones live near Saint Andrews so that portion should be covered.

Duchess said:
I dont think there is one yet Klinger... how do you fancy becoming a co-ordinator for this region and planning one for us ? :thumb

Hi Duchess I would love to help out but I'm in N.Ireland and don't ride a GS I will send a donation to the Charity probably via G.C.

Regd's K

Klinger said:
Hi Duchess I would love to help out but I'm in N.Ireland and don't ride a GS I will send a donation to the Charity probably via G.C.

Regd's K

Thats really good of you Klinger... thank you. :)

See you at one of the Irish events in the very near future then... :thumb

I’m looking to do the region 10 run on Tuesday to get an idea of times and take some notes.
Its about 460 miles. :eek:
Like you I want to be able to post soon after region 9 has set times.
I’ve exchanged pm`s with Metalman, Ill be in touch with you soon. ;)
G C

G.C. said:
I’m looking to do the region 10 run on Tuesday to get an idea of times and take some notes.
Its about 460 miles. :eek:
Like you I want to be able to post soon after region 9 has set times.
I’ve exchanged pm`s with Metalman, Ill be in touch with you soon. ;)
G C

Feel free to call in en route, Gordon.....I'm less than a mile from the A1........

Cheers

Dutch

Thanks Dutchman. :bow
sorry for the wee highjack, but now you know what's happening in the leg before yours.:thumb
Cheers
G C

Rendezvouz with 11

That's a hell of a route you've got ...some miles.

But!! For the rendezvous with us low-landers, I suggest the point at which the A1 hits a roundabout, just north of Berwick town.
There's a Morrison's Supermarket, petrol station and maybe a cafe, depending on the time of day...... and a McDonald's....

It should be really obvious on a map..

Chris

......don't know if this any good to you......it's about 370 miles/9 hours.......

I've ridden this route in both directions, many times........

If I knew time/date of departure from Inverness I'd try & ride contra-route and meet you north of Dundee and then take you across Fife, through Edinburgh etc.......

Cheers

Dutch

Attachments

• ten.jpg
    ten.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 311
I have 2 more GS riders wanting to join on this leg... they'll be along shortly to post their interest. :D :thumb

Another Helper??

Hi Egon.
Just posted a reply to the Duchess's begging letter on the Scottish Section for more helpers from this neck of the woods - I actually originally offered to help when this idea was first discussed - but I think I got lost as things got more organised??
Anyway, let me know what I can help with regarding the preparations - I know most of the route fairly well I'm more than happy to meet up somewhere convenient to discuss the plans, or to accompany you on at least part of the route? - depending how it fits in with shifts!!
On the day of the run I'll either be solo or accompanied by Mrs Grizzly - depending on how it fits in with her work?

Cheers............................Grizzly :beer: :beer:

I guess I must be one of those new GS riders! I live between Aberdeen and Montrose and am happy to help if I am around (work days can vary). Let me know what's needed and when and I'll see what I can do. At the very least I can provide tea and bacon rolls 200m from the route!
Cheers
nj

Welcome Northern jock and Grizzly, the more the merrier :clap
I'm in the process of doing a BTBR style lighting makeover since
we are gonna be doing virtually all of the leg in darkness. :mooney

I am sorry I will be letting everyone down but I am not going to be doing the event in September. I hope you have enough time to find another rider. Good luck with it all.
Laur :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom