Time Recording Coordinator - Assistant
Publicity Coordinator

Baton rider
GS Girl

Baton Support team
GS Boyz 1
GS Boyz 2
GS Boyz 3

Happy to help with the Dartford to Southampton leg as I already posted in the Kings Lyn to dartford leg :rolleyes:
Steve

No idea what's going on...

...but I wanna be part of it. :confused:

Yossi's got my name down from the original idea before it went all pink.

I'm happy to help out with the QEII - Southampton leg. Trouble is I'm spending a lot of time out of the country at the moment so not sure how much I could do with the POT's/Coordinator roles.

If things get desperate I'm willing to put on a frock and be the 'baton girl' :D :D

Cheers Jim :beer:

rider

Hi all, :bow
I can be an out rider to this leg, :clap if not wanted on the kings lynn leg :( or can do both :clap as I live in Essex just need dates :nenau

Hi,

just joined the UKGSer posse to say that I'd be happy to support this good cause and would like to ride leg # 3.

Got a 1150GS, quite a good sense of direction and not the slowest of riding styles... :D

Depending on how many other girls come forward for each region, I could also offer to do the Dartford - Southampton leg (# 2) or the stretch from the Severn Bridge to Aberystwyth (# 5) - in case that we have too many volunteers in one area.

Ela

Route plan

Hi all
I have just given a route, for leg one, :bounce1 and its going to be tested soon, by Andy :bow
If no one minds would you like me to plan something for leg two Dartford to Southhampton :nenau
:beerjug: :beerjug: Bill

Hi Bill,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your planning offer - just coming back from a week's skiing in Austria...

I wouldn't mind at all if you could draft a route for leg II, I'd be indeed rather grateful and might also be able to carry out some testing (the bulk of my English family lives at the South coast and they are always happy to see and accommodate me... :D ).

Thanks for your support!

Ela

Pumpy said:
Hi Bill,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your planning offer - just coming back from a week's skiing in Austria...

I wouldn't mind at all if you could draft a route for leg II, I'd be indeed rather grateful and might also be able to carry out some testing (the bulk of my English family lives at the South coast and they are always happy to see and accommodate me... :D ).

Thanks for your support!

Ela

Hi Ela,
Now that bring's a picture to mind Licra and ski boots. :bounce1 :nono
Any way will be please to offer a route. :clap I will post it ASAP for you and others to digest add/subtract if you /they want !, as this is not my main route. :mmmm
If its ok I'd like to ride this route as I can drop in to my daugthers at the end, as she live's in Ferndown, Dorset, not 40 min,s away :clap

:beerjug: Bill

leg two route

Hi Ela,
As requested, here goes. :bow Bring your Camera

Start::: Dartford services Junction 30/31 M25 (TIME TO BE ARRANGED)

Join M25 Sth/ clock wise, over bridge thru Tolls, ( useing near side toll booth on other side) on exit of booth take slip road in front signed A206 at roundabout turn right A226 for Swanscombe,continue on A226 thru Northfleet, Gravesend and Rochester and at Gadshill turn left onto the A289 follow this to Gillingham this will take you onto the old A2.
Turn left onto the A2 for Sittingbourne, then Faversham (use the bypass)this will lead you to the A2M for London and the A299.
Turn left onto the A299 signed Margate, follow this to the junction with the A28 go straight across for the A253 Broadstairs ,Ramsgate keeping Airport on your left follow to the junction with the A256 and turn right for Sandwich stay on this untill small r/bt and turn left A258 signed Deal follow again and over railway bridge to lights thru lights into and out of high street to r/bt at end (sea front) turn right :beer: take abreak time and check fuel :nenau ...........
stay on this heading (south) and out of town and back onto the A258 turn left for dover at the junction with A2 turn left this will take you down a steep hill into dover and ferry port.(you will see port as you enter)TIME FOR THE CAMERA at this point follow signs for London A2.
follow out of Dover on A2, and at junction signed A256 Folkestone turn left to small r/bt t/rt up small hill to t/ junction and turn left for Folkestone town centre,follw to r/bt t/lft on to duel carrageway at r.bt t/lft under VIA DUCK at r/bt in front go across, and follow to end, into oneway system, this will be a left,right (up incline) and turn left. following signs for A259 Hythe this will take you into the town centre with the station on your left.and the road widens ,at the next r/bt t/lft to r/bt and t/rt you are now on the A259.
signed Hythe,THIS IS A COASTAL ROAD SO CAMERA READY:D
Now stay on the A259 for Dymchurch,Romney, Winchelsea,Icklesham,Hastings ,Bexhill. At the junction with the A27 turn left onto the A259 again for Eastbourne sea front (TIME FOR TEA AGAIN AND FUEL)
Then continue on the A259(east dean road)to East blatchington then to Newhaven,Peacehaven, then onto Brighton.
Stay on A259 for Chichester (the A259 heads in land) and joins the A27 turn left for Chichester turn left into Chstr bypass . Stay on A27 thru Havant this will now bypass the junction for the A3M, continue on A27 for Fareham and join the M27 at the junction for A3024 Bitterne come off turn left at end of slip road to r/bt and turn right A3024 (Bitterne) follow thru Bitterne to A33 and turn left for Ocean village and Marina, Southampton. you have arrived NB/ This will be a good place to end as there are resturants :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: and the marina to relax around with a car park. this will also be a good starting point for Leg 3 as the A33 continues from here passing the docks and castle wall and onto the A35 for lyndhurst and Beaulieu in the New forrest. :clap :clap
hope this helps :beer: :clap Bill
ps All the above is a guide. Tea stop and fuel places may be changed to any part of the stage thankyou Bill :bounce1FOR A DETAILED MAP GO TO MULTIMAP.COM AN CLICK ON THE KENT AREA

Thanks a lot for that, Bill!!!

Will have a closer look at your route tomorrow night and transfer your way points to mapsource to get a better picture (only on short lunch break at the moment and Valentine's stuff tonight, you know... :mmmm ).

Thanks for your time and support!

Ela

update

I went to Bexhill today and into Eastbourne, lucky me :cool: took the A259 out after a few miles, on this straight road you come to penevey services at a roundabout.
The r/bt also joins the A22 for E/brne and the A259. This is signed for penevey bay on a white sign board (Follow the white board) turn left here after a hundred yards you will see a sign for( Eastbourne 5 miles). over railway line to P/bay and East bourne, this is the old road in :bow

:) Bill as per your PM I've had a go at putting your route onto a map. But it's not easy to do from a list of directions. This should give people an idea. You need someone with a GPS on your team to sit down and work the route out to do it justice. This works out at 270 miles :)

Attachments

• ScreenShot008.jpg
    ScreenShot008.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 357
nice one

Whatton said:
:) Bill as per your PM I've had a go at putting your route onto a map. But it's not easy to do from a list of directions. This should give people an idea. You need someone with a GPS on your team to sit down and work the route out to do it justice. This works out at 270 miles :)

Nice one Whatton :thumb This is not my team. Iam down for the first leg ,Just helping out with the route, and liked what you did for leg one,
I might continue to ride this one as well then I can end up at my daughters in dorset for the night

Route

Tim Cullis said:
Ignore the A259, much nicer route is the coast road--Bexhill->Cooden->Pevensey.

Tim

Thanks :clap tim :clap I only no of the A259 as I use this in the Lorry

Hi is this open to F650 Funduro riders, as I would be very happy to help out or just turn up and ride this leg. I am based in Hampton Court, Surrey and have some floor space if any of your riders need it. Also my wife is a trust fundrasing consultant and I am sure would be very happy to give you some time if you need it.

Cheers Rob

Hi Steptoe...

... Could you please send me the gdb.file that you have posted in the To all Regional Co-ordinators .... start/finish times - thread ?

No need to re-invent the wheel and triplicate efforts... :D - it would be great if I could load the route straight onto the GPS.

How definite does the route have to be anyway? Your proposal differs a bit from Bill GSer and Whatton's - or is this down to the different graphics in MapSource and Autoroute?

According to Karen we might be quite restricted in terms of alterations:
Duchess said:
... honestly there isn't that much time... we have to get these routes organised by 5.3.2006 latest, some sponsors may want to buy a leg of the route plus we have to get the PR and any other marketing literature typed out (if there is time) to show each route that has been agreed ... once we adopt the route and go to regional press we won't be able to change or adjust it.
Not sure if I can test-ride the leg prior to March 5th - working fulltime and weekends pretty much booked up... :nenau

Anybody any ideas how to resolve this dilemma?

Ela

Alternative to A27 Brighton - Southampton

I live in Brighton and would be more than happy to help in any way I can.

I would also recommend a route slightly north of the A27 along the A272.

What I would recommmend is from A27 at Hove over Devils Dyke to Poynings and then along the foot of the Downs through Fulking to Upper Beeding. From there onto the A283 which you follow to Petworth and then onto the A272 all the way to Winchester. Then you can drop down the M3 briefly to Southampton or there are numerous scenic routes across and down.
This route runs no more than about 15 miles inland but if far nicer for bikes and is known as a very good bikers road.

Hope this helps some.

Regards

Simon

Back
Top Bottom