route

VAL. H. said:
Thanks Longdog.

I'll make an effort to go to the next meet, or the one after that if the diary is full. :beerjug:

Val check with Madmikey before you book anything, last seen he was cleaning his house saying that if he offered to put you up it would need to be tidy - it would be a shame to put all that work to waste :) . THere may be no need to pay for accomidation there are plenty of us living nearby with spare rooms, if mikey can't I should be able to. :thumb

sharribee said:
Val check with Madmikey before you book anything, last seen he was cleaning his house saying that if he offered to put you up it would need to be tidy - it would be a shame to put all that work to waste :) . THere may be no need to pay for accomidation there are plenty of us living nearby with spare rooms, if mikey can't I should be able to. :thumb

Aww I'm so touched :) I promise to leave my muddy left boot outside. :D :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug:

You know!?, it's the people who live in the land that always seem to make it more beautiful than it already appears.

VAL. H. said:
Aww I'm so touched :) I promise to leave my muddy left boot outside. :D :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug:

You know!?, it's the people who live in the land that always seem to make it more beautiful than it already appears.

Team building at its best.... :D :thumb

VAL. H. said:

Hmm 1200 rider then. :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

Another go

I put together another route incorporating some of mine and some of Slimbo's. Comments always appreciated unless they're very, very rude and dirty. :cool:

56455521-M.jpg

madmikey said:
I put together another route incorporating some of mine and some of Slimbo's. Comments always appreciated unless they're very, very rude and dirty. :cool:

Do you think it would waste too much time to go the south side of Newport and accross the Transporter bridge?
Then I suppose if this leg is at night it'll be closed anyway.

It could be a good place for photos don't you think?

It's a good idea but riding through Newport could add uneccesary time in my humble opinion. However this can all be discussed at Slimbo's discretion.

The last route is 255 miles and mapsource reckons about 6 hours.

madmikey said:
It's a good idea but riding through Newport could add uneccesary time in my humble opinion. However this can all be discussed at Slimbo's discretion.

The last route is 255 miles and mapsource reckons about 6 hours.

I agree with your thoughts Mikey, re: time. Shame its so tight. :(
But 'hay' all areas have got the same problemb.
The detour through Newport would probably add nearly an hour, so we'd have to concider it or simular very cearfully.
I was thinking along the lines of less motorway. I've spent half my life on the flippin things :mad: I hate them :mad:
I suppose half an hour on the motorway will be the difference between getting there on time or blowing the whole thing off schedual. I'd hate for us to be the ones to throw every one ells off time :mmmm

hi guys the route is pretty good we have to agree if we want to do it to the letter , ie coast as much as possible..
it also depends on what time of day were travelling ,as we dont know yet wether its day or night..

stilll it has legs and were on our way ...keep it up and anyone gets contacts for press etc point them overhere ... cheeers

slimbo said:
hi guys the route is pretty good we have to agree if we want to do it to the letter , ie coast as much as possible..
it also depends on what time of day were travelling ,as we dont know yet wether its day or night..

stilll it has legs and were on our way ...keep it up and anyone gets contacts for press etc point them overhere ... cheeers

It looks like we have a start time. :clap :clap Stig of the Dump has posted an initial arrival time of 4pm at magor services.
I'm thinking this means we will be riding in rush hour traffic right along the south coast at least to Swansea :bounce1 oooh I love it when it gets busy, all the extra corners to get you round the cars :bounce1
I don't suppose any one knows a bloke with a BM witch has blue flashing lights on the front??? ;)

Val.H.

The routes I've put on mapsource give approx. 6 hours with no breaks. I think realistically we're looking at 71/2 to 8 hours with breaks, which means around midnight in Aberystwyth.

Feel free to comment

Yes there are three adventures around here with blue lights on, I don't think they'll play though. :D

madmikey said:
The routes I've put on mapsource give approx. 6 hours with no breaks. I think realistically we're looking at 71/2 to 8 hours with breaks, which means around midnight in Aberystwyth.

A late afternoon start, running right in to the night, The sun setting on the west coast, arr :) how romantic.

Shame the pub will be closed when we arrive :(

Any one fancy joining me no a ride over to the finish line at Leisester? :clap :clap :clap After we've had a bit of kip like, :bounce1 no rush. :bounce1

Is it possible for this region to post their route please within the Information, Support & Questions section: under heading;

'To all Regional Co-ordinators - Start / finish times'

It appears Region 4 has given a hand-over point of Magor, M4 at 1600 hrs.

Thanks everso.

K. :)

:bounce1

MadMickey posted a question in our Region 6 thread about fuel stations open in Aberystwyth when you get there? Here are the results of the jury . . .

There is only one 24 hour fuel station open in Aber but, most fortunately, it's literally on the route. It is a "manned" station with snacks, etc and sees no reason why it won't be there in September :beerjug:

It is a Shell garage and it's address/phone number is :

Aberystwyth Service Station
Mill Street
Aberystwyth
SY23 1HZ

01970 - 639300

. . . here's hoping your tanks will not whither and die before then? :beer:

:bounce1

Back
Top Bottom