Whereas on in your file they are shown some 6 miles away here.... :nenau

N53 31.574 W0 05.538

Stig said:
Very good..... but how reliable are they?? :eek:

Just checked a known Dealer "Astles of GY" who are DEFINATELY here.. :dabone

N53 32.485 W0 09.59

Whereas on in your file they are shown some 6 miles away here.... :nenau

N53 31.574 W0 05.538

Why haven't you corrected it and re-posted it here?

Come on help me out :thumb

Brilliant Whatton! :thumb The hotel ones will come in very handy on my jolly to France in May, this thread has been timed to perfection :clap :clap :thumb :D

motomartin said:
can u do anything for australia ?

bbq shops ? :D

What about speed cameras...........

SignCameraVarSpeed.jpg

Attachments

• Aus Speed Cameras.gdb
    28.5 KB · Views: 277
Whatton said:
Why haven't you corrected it and re-posted it here?

Come on help me out :thumb

Isn't that wot i just did!?? N53 32.484 W0 09.595

However.. All well and good for those that are already known... but my point is more about.... say....
Being in France and looking for that IBIS or F1 in an area that's totally unfamiliar!?? ... when in fact it could be a few miles away!!

I'm not "avin a go".. I see you've put some effort in both converting and posting.. However... some will "take them as read" only to be ... perhaps disapointed...

So my question about reliability still stands... i reckon!? :thumb

German campsites.........

campen.jpg

Attachments

• Campsites Germany.gdb
    65.8 KB · Views: 626
Stig said:
Isn't that wot i just did!?? N53 32.484 W0 09.595

I meant attach the file to save me doing it :thumb

Astles of Grimsby now moved..........

Attachments

• UK BMW Dealers.gdb
    3.7 KB · Views: 426
might be a crazy question but i'm new to this, i've got a gamin 2610 and a lot of this information on this thread will be very useful but how do i down load this info?, do i save what i want on my computer and when theres a place i want,, just download it, or is there a way of downloading all, for example formule1 hotels to my 2610 please be kind i'm a bit of a numpty at this kind of thing and i ride a pan european but i think this is the best site for help
spatuk paul :nenau

spatuk said:
might be a crazy question but i'm new to this, i've got a gamin 2610 and a lot of this information on this thread will be very useful but how do i down load this info?, do i save what i want on my computer and when theres a place i want,, just download it, or is there a way of downloading all, for example formule1 hotels to my 2610 please be kind i'm a bit of a numpty at this kind of thing and i ride a pan european but i think this is the best site for help
spatuk paul :nenau

Just open the attached file Kev has put on. If you don't already create a folder for Garmin Mapsource routes and way points. Just go to the drop down menu, on the open file and click 'Save as' and select your Mapsource folder, easy peasy, lemon squeezy. :thumb

Another vote of thanks from me and another vote for WW1 poi's please if that's possible.

Heres one...

Whatton said:
I've found a way of getting a waypoint file for any kind of business in the UK. Not brand specific like a lot of the ones above but general business headings. Everything from Abattoirs to Zoos. Let me know if theres anything you want. The list is quite long :thumb
for you Knocking shops in Europe...... :D

This is a very uesful thread !

Me wonders though if all of these links are coming off another site- or is genuine research involved here :mmmm

:D

You mean like, Watton is using an online mapping product and searching out, then cutting an pasting, every waypoint he is posting??? Naa...

More like he's doing a bit of data mining using one of the map authoring tools...

I'd download anything you think you might want now... in case some copyright holder takes umbridge...

Al... :thumb

araspitfire said:
I'd download anything you think you might want now... in case some copyright holder takes umbridge...

Al... :thumb

There is no copyright holder for the lists of co-ordinates used. The original compiler of the lists made them freely available on the internet in another form.

I've taken those lists and converted them into a useable format for Garmin GPS units. They aren't being sold or being used for comercial gain they just being made available now in another format :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom