Pre book for the East Midlands Event

Possu said:
Would these be the same "family/friends/workmates/people down the pub" that have already been tapped up for sponsoring the ride itself? If so, you're asking them to sponsor you twice with the second donation not going to charity..........

I've already raised over £300 from workmates & colleagues on Ela's (Pumpy)behalf and wouldn't dream of asking them again. :eek

I fully sympathise with Amy, riding up from London to cover one of the northernmost legs of the ride at her own expense, deserves as much support as possible IMO. :thumb :thumb :thumb

You're absolutely right Steve...it was only a suggestion...justtrying to help :(

Possu said:
Would these be the same "family/friends/workmates/people down the pub" that have already been tapped up for sponsoring the ride itself? If so, you're asking them to sponsor you twice with the second donation not going to charity..........

I've already raised over £300 from workmates & colleagues on Ela's (Pumpy)behalf and wouldn't dream of asking them again. :eek

I fully sympathise with Amy, riding up from London to cover one of the northernmost legs of the ride at her own expense, deserves as much support as possible IMO. :thumb :thumb :thumb

i see what you mean, how about a forum wip round :nenau

ianboydsnr said:
i see what you mean, how about a forum wip round :nenau

Good idea, Ian. I would be happy to contribute to the 'Fuel Fund' if someone tells me how. I had originally wanted to participate in the PWR event but the timing prevents it.

GJ

GlynnJ said:
Good idea, Ian. I would be happy to contribute to the 'Fuel Fund' if someone tells me how. I had originally wanted to participate in the PWR event but the timing prevents it.

GJ

There is something else afoot to do with fuel but I'm not allowed to mention it......

I know Karen and Bryn are both really stretched arranging things and doing radio interviews as well as doing their own full time jobs, so I don't know it they'd have time to set up anything official on a fuel fund......I'd suggest take a look at the regional threads and get in touch with your regional co-ordinator...they can collect anything for fuel funds and use it on their section's ride.

B or K might come back on that one, like I aid, it's only a sugggestion from someone who's not involved in the event ;)

Fuel Fund

Fanum said:
There is something else afoot to do with fuel but I'm not allowed to mention it......

I know Karen and Bryn are both really stretched arranging things and doing radio interviews as well as doing their own full time jobs, so I don't know it they'd have time to set up anything official on a fuel fund......I'd suggest take a look at the regional threads and get in touch with your regional co-ordinator...they can collect anything for fuel funds and use it on their section's ride.

B or K might come back on that one, like I aid, it's only a sugggestion from someone who's not involved in the event ;)

Wow - what a great idea! :clap
Karen - if you want me to take donations from the forum for the fuel fund -- I could set up an account that could take any monies that people could contribute (via bank transfer or cheque) I could then get fuel receipts from each region and dsitribute out the dosh after the event - with any extra going towards Breast Cancer Care. That would be a great help!! I am happy to take that on if people would like. :thumb
I'll then just send the receipts etc to you at the very end -- so that its all official and open to audit (ie so people know I am not doing anything dodgy with the money :eek: ).
Thanks for the offers and thoughts. :bow .....its amazing how brains working together can come up with ideas.
Let me know Karen,
Moo :beer:

Right then... Just managed to get my internet link back after 24 hours in the wilderness :eek:

Going to get my thinking cap on and ring a few people tonight so see what we can come up with about the points raised

Watch this space! :beerjug:

Bryn

I remeber some years ago I did a sponsored parachute jump and the cost of the jump came out of the sponsorship money and beleive this was a standard thing to do.anything over and above went to the charity but unless you raised a certain level above the costs you were excluded from jumping .

or is that too simple ??? :nenau :nenau

Ming said:
I remeber some years ago I did a sponsored parachute jump and the cost of the jump came out of the sponsorship money and beleive this was a standard thing to do.anything over and above went to the charity but unless you raised a certain level above the costs you were excluded from jumping .

or is that too simple ??? :nenau :nenau

That would be an obvious route to peace and harmony ;)

I was just thinking of having a new thread, with possibly a Paypal account, you know something that made it easy, I am to stupid to organise it myself, i am sure whatever is raised, would be of some help, even if it does not manage to cover all costs :nenau

Bookings now rolling in!

This promises to be a fantastic weekend... save some dosh and prebook for the first East Midlands do......

Bryn :beerjug:

Pre book and save yourselves a wedge !

There's a saving of £10 per head to be had if you're coming along for the full weekend ;)

Remember there's a HUGE barn with a bar inside, hot showers, laundry facilites, plenty of toilets, plenty of rideouts....

And all profits to Breast Cancer Care!

be there to give the ladies on the Pink Way Around Britain ride a warm welcome.....

I'm in :thumb

Just booked for the saturday night & sunday, don't think I'll make friday night as I will be travelling back from the Region 9 leg.

Should get there in time for the ride out on saturday, I'll be ready for a ride :mmmm

See you all there.

:beerjug:

We're In

OK Mrs Blow and I are booked up.

It's just a battle of wills now to see who will conceed luggage space. Make-up for Cider.

See you all there.

SUA :thumb

Blowzorn said:
OK Mrs Blow and I are booked up.

It's just a battle of wills now to see who will conceed luggage space. Make-up for Cider.

See you all there.

SUA :thumb

Paul, thanks very much... but how are you at maths? :eek:

Bryn :beerjug:

That's me and mrs Abrasion booked for both nights :thumb

Back
Top Bottom