Region 9 Recce Thread

Brilliant day out, the most miles I have done for a long time. Good roads, good company, what more do you need. Thankfully the weather held off and we spent most of the day in sunshine.

Martin

Attachments

• P1010023.JPG
    P1010023.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 69
  • P1010025.JPG
    P1010025.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 89
OONYACK said:
Brilliant day oot :thumb
did you get yir Chinese meal Ronno? (politicaly correct)
bet the blown bulb didnae keep ye away fae yir Chow mien for long

The photie o the coo keekin over the hill (or wiz it Ronno) and G.C keekin over the wall, what do they have in common

Both been full of bull :dabone

Thanks to all for a the great day out and the craik

605 miles had to go to via Uig on the way home to break the 590 barrier
better just over 600 than under
Tash wants to go a run today anyone got a rubber ring :eek

Pace was fast but we had a lot of blether breaks should we try and squeeze another couple of hours riding time for Tash as we had perfect weather conditions as wind and rain on the day could scupper us. I would be greatful for more time as she is a new biker just out the box. Not knocking her in anyway just erring on the side of caution :bow

Big thanks to Scourie hotel for supplying sandwich's and teas. :thumb

Good to meet you, Johnny :thumb

I totally agree about slower pace/more riding hours needed for September. We faffed about a lot yesterday (which was great too) and you (but hopefully we) might not be so lucky with the weather next time...

When I got home, my wife told me that she fancied a Chinkie so I told her that she could "Chow Mein" :D

Hope to see you soon :thumb

Ronno (Part of the GSer Formation Dancing Team)

Wow !!

What a fantastic ride, company, craik, scenery, tea & sandwiches ( :beerjug: oonyack ). Weather was perfect, would it be too much to ask if GC could book the same for september.

I think the recce went well, we all got round without incident apart from, I lost an earplug & Ronno had to go back for his wallet.

Twas a fair pace tho, I think for the run maybe less stops & faffing & a slower pace, but that was the idea of the recce, to find out what was required.

A top day out (well 4 day's for me, 1,552 mile round trip), thank to all of ya who turned up & made it a good run for me & many thanks to GC for sorting my B&B & getting me pished last night & forcing me to eat pizza out of a box whilst trying to walk back to the B&B.

:thumb

Some photies.

69507155-M.jpg

69507158-M.jpg

Ronno doing The Hard Way Round
69507184-M.jpg

Dunnett Head
69507214-M.jpg

:thumb :thumb

Had a great day so thanks to all of you. Finished with 589 on the GPS so it's the longest I've done on the GS in one day. Hope the weather is the same for june when I head back up.

Ronno - Glad to hear you got home ok

Once I work out how to do the photos I'll post them.

GC taking it easy & putting his feet up

69507171-M.jpg

Can't see who was in front, but he had his feet up aswell.

[/QUOTE]Can't see who was in front, but he had his feet up as well.
That would be me. Seems G.C. was taking the "Ride this way" literally :D

Hopefully there should be some photos attached

Attachments

• DSCN1817.jpg
    DSCN1817.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCN1820.jpg
    DSCN1820.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCN1841.jpg
    DSCN1841.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCN1849.jpg
    DSCN1849.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 87
Can't see who was in front, but he had his feet up as well.
That would be me. Seems G.C. was taking the "Ride this way" literally :D

Hopefully there should be some photos attached

The last one is of me wringing out my underpants at Scotland's most northerly point. At least that's what it looks like... :confused:

Ronno said:
The last one is of me wringing out my underpants at Scotland's most northerly point. At least that's what it looks like... :confused:

Your underpants ... :eek: :eek :D

No, I'm not even going to ask ... I refuse to be drawn in ... :D :D :D

Recce

Glad to see you had a Great day out,weather was fantastic on Saturday,Brill fottie of the Heilan Coo G.C. the rest weren't to bad either, hope all goes well on the day.

Schultz :thumb

Schultz said:
Glad to see you had a Great day out,weather was fantastic on Saturday,Brill fottie of the Heilan Coo G.C. the rest weren't to bad either, hope all goes well on the day.

Schultz :thumb

Ahem...

Why is Gordon being given the credit for my fotie?

After the pish-taking that me and Cookson had to endure on Saturday, this is now getting all too much for my sensitive nature :tears

:D It really was a brilliant day out and I can see whey you are so drawn to the NW of Scotland, Schultz. Hope to take in a few of those roads with you one day in the near future :thumb

Fek me Ronno I thought it was you looking over the heather and G.C. took the fottie :D:D
I was over at the weekend with SWMBO (her idea actually) on a quick raid Fort Bill Thursday night, and Skye and Gairloch on Fri night and down to Alloa via Applecross and Fort Bill again on Saturday back here on Sun.
I knew you were tied up with the Recce on Saturday or I would have given you a Bell.
Don't worry I'll Be back with Alte Wolf sometime soon he get's his Bike soon :thumb

Schultz :beerjug:

Ok you hooligans...which one of you left the piano up at the top of Ben Nevis???? :rolleyes: :D :D

Nowt to do with any of us, hooligans, indeed.

But I did spot these 2 shifty looking characters nearby.

70103504-M.jpg

:D

Well, I reckon G.C. has something to do with it. He lives in Fort William and has recently been accused of being a bit of a Pianist :D

Back
Top Bottom