Accommodation in Inverness.

G.C.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After 10 hours in the saddle I don’t think Ill head home at the end of our leg.
I am thinking of staying in Inverness on the night of the 7th September, after our leg. I know that Cookson is as well. Oonyack I'm guessing you and Mrs Oonyack wont be travelling back to Skye? So that’s 4 of us.
Anyone else ?

I also figured that if we are booking accommodation for that night, perhaps Laur and her team would like to utilise the rooms before embarking on their night time leg.
I have a contact that would be able to offer secure parking for our bikes, he may be able to obtain a decent rate on the accommodation as well.
Id like an idea of numbers before giving him a call.
Cheers
G C

I'd love to stay over for a few beers and tales of daring do, but unfortunately the in laws are up visiting, so I will be expected home!! Damn :(

G.C. said:
I also figured that if we are booking accommodation for that night, perhaps Laur and her team would like to utilise the rooms before embarking on their night time leg.

Cheers
G C
I want stay in Inverness the night before our leg and had planned to keep the room the night you guys arrive anyway,so I can nap during the day. If you are booking somewhere let me know, and I will sort out paying with you.
Thanks
Laur :rolleyes:

Laur, are you still heading up here next weekend for our Recce ?
If so, we can have a chat about what we all need then.
Mart-P, you don’t live far enough away to justify staying over anyway. ;)
Cheers
G C

G.C. said:
Laur, are you still heading up here next weekend for our Recce ?
If so, we can have a chat about what we all need then.
Cheers
G C

Yup I am still coming up with Cookson next week. Will chat then
Laur :rolleyes:

G.C. said:
G C

Thats not the point. Where would you rather be, out for a few beers :beerjug: or at home with the in-laws! :eek:

;) ;)

Names now, or haid yer wheesht !

Its getting close now and I would like to confirm the booking.
Room rate is £55
I've checked this morning , there are still rooms available.
It would be better if we all stayed at the same place, so lets get this organised.
This Travel inn is right next to the handover point so I think it would suit our needs well.

Names now please, or forever haid yer wheesht. ;)
G C

G.C. said:
Its getting close now and I would like to confirm the booking.
Room rate is £55
I've checked this morning , there are still rooms available.
It would be better if we all stayed at the same place, so lets get this organised.
This Travel inn is right next to the handover point so I think it would suit our needs well.

Names now please, or forever haid yer wheesht. ;)
G C

Me please, Mister :thumb

If any of you good folks are coming as far as Aberdeen, I've offered my facilities (house) for pit stops service and been in touch with Grizzly about same. You would be more than welcome.

Hi G.C.

Can you put my name on the list for accomodation

Many thanks

Schultz

OK, I've booked 3 rooms for the 7th September.
Mr and Mrs Oonyack in the double and a couple of twins for the rest of us. I've not checked the “arriving after 8 pm” box as I would think that Grizzly may want the use of a room to prepare for region 10 leg.
5 weeks today !

Thanks for the invite PhilM :thumb Ill be staying the night then heading back home to Fort Bill and work on the Friday. Like the sig line btw I just finished “Ghost Rider” a few weeks ago.
Gordon

Slight change to my plans, think I'll meet you lot in Inverness and join Grizzly and co on the run to Aberdeen. Good chance to test my new GPS. And say hello to everyone. :)
What time are you expecting to reach Inverness?

Region !0 Use of Room(s) In The Evening!!

Hi Gordon,
Glad you've got the rooms booked, I was going to speak to you on Skye about that :thumb
I was speaking to Moira, the Region 10 Baton carrier last weekend and we discussed this very subject :confused: - we also may need a rest at the Berwick end, but are arriving at the "wrong" time of day really :( .
Anyway, we're more than happy to offset some of the cost and use the rooms for meeting/resting prior to the run :thumb
It means we can perhaps even meet there early evening and relax/rest/watch TV prior to the start :D - we would, of course leave the place "un-soiled" :eek: - resting on top of the beds- NOT in them ;)
It would even make sense to move the hand-over point across the road to the Travel Inn????
Anyway, speak to you about it in Skye :bounce1 :bounce1

Cheers.......................Grizzly :beer: :beer:

PS:- Joyce and I are leaving in a couple of hours for Inverness to start a recce run tonight from Tesco at the alloted time - it might be a long night :( - we will just be doing a steady (legal) pace as expected on the real thing, so we'll see how it goes :thumb

Any of you hardy Scot's travelling down with me to the east mids event after our stay in Inverness.

:cool:

I'd love to, Cookson but my "Pass Oot" wouldn't be valid for another 2 days I'm afraid... ;) :thumb

Why don't we have a wee day oot and jolly in the Sneckopolis on the Friday, have some social intercourse, take some refreshments and stay another night and all head off home merrily on the Saturday :thumb
To rest on our laurels

I'm already booked into the East Mids Bash & it's only half an hour from mine, so it makes sense for me to make my way home sometime friday morning.

Looking forward to a beer or 10 thursday night tho. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

I'm going to stop at my hoose friday night, get a shower & change of skid's, see my dog who is stopping with nieghbours (I've told him he's going on holiday, so keep that bit quiet), then saturday shoot down to the EME for the knees up.

Oonyack, you taking bookings yet for the 2nd Skye event in '07. :thumb

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom