24th June Dry Run

They arrived about 8 pm. Tired and hungry, Ill leave the rest to the riders but I think it proved a valuable exercise. :thumb Good to meet you.

77475902-L.jpg

Their bikes.
77476730-L.jpg

G C

sillymoo said:
Ronno said:
LAst time I looked I was a girlie :) -- but sorry you can't come!!
Moo!

Sorry Moo! I typed it in a rush... :thumb

Just seen G.C.'s pic of y'all outside his pub. Is that Dirty Dan with you? If so, Hi Dan, where hiv ya been? :beerjug:

OONYACK said:
Any reports?
Are you all home and dry?
cheers
Johnny

Well - what a sight for sore-eyes Oonyack and G.C were for the three of us! :clap :beerjug: :D

The ride was very good. It took us a while to find the "burger king" @ Jct 44 :nenau which was a Macdonalds - but once we had sorted that out we got on the road at around 11a.m and with good weather for pretty much all of the ride - we got in at around 8p.m.
Dermot and I had travelled up from London the night before and Grahame had travelled from Glasgow - so we were all less than fresh - but, you know, I had such a good time!!

Grahame is an ex-instructor and it showed! (Love ya Grahame :bow ) I was told off on more than one occassion for my cornering but considering I had NEVER ridden such a distance and that this was my 5th or 6th ride out of London -- I was bloody pleased with myself. :clap

I don't really have any piccies sorted as a) I haven't looked on the camera and b) I don't know how to post them but G.C has shown how bedraggled a lot we were when we got there. :eek:

I reckon we need an extra bit of time to the amount allotted (10-11 hours instead of 8-9)) JUST incase it rains as some of the roads were abit hairy (for a novice like me) but I reckon we did good progress and the roads were not too bad. I think in total it was around 350 - 370 miles -- Grahame can confirm and we did most of the coast ---or rather we saw alot of the sea!! It was lovely :)

Ooh - there's a nice bit of grass at Inverary where you can lie down and stretch out your back ---- OH ---- and the Airhawks were worth every penny!! Brilliant! Not a sore bum in sight (well - mine wasn't).

G.C -- dinner was GORGEOUS!! :clap You were such a star to do that for us!! :beer: It was lovely to meet you and Johnny and, although it will be brief, we look forward to seeing you in Sept (With Mrs Oonyack!).

Sorry to be late in writing this - we had a long journey home and got in at around 7p.m to a knackered son (who had had a GREAT time at the cubs weekend) and a set of lost keys (the poor lass who was looking after the menagerie of animals - had taken the pup for a walk this morning and lost the house keys -- having an ensuing nightmare to get into her own home (the keys were locked in our home) and then the worry of telling us! Poor Lass!! All sorted! Locks changed! Grasmere Gingerbread (OF COURSE :bounce1 we stopped off there on the way home staying over night in a LOVELY B&B) soothingly eaten to calm her nerves!

Much love guys and GRAHAME!! WE love you!! :D Looking forward to seeing you again real soon! :bounce1 What a great view from your home.

Sleep..... :sleep
Moo

G.C. I see you got some panniers sorted.

New or used ? Did you get the inner bags aswell ?

Good to see you bikes still shiney. :D :D

:thumb

Good to hear that you all made it home safe and well.
See you in September :thumb
Tony, PM`d ya ;)
Gordon

Back
Top Bottom