MonoLever register - Your PHOTOS please

Rob Farmer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
We seem to have the same small group of saddo's replying to any monolever question raised on the board. I thought it would be an idea to have a register of the Monolever bikes to get an idea of how many are out there.

So heres a list of the ones I'm aware of (in no particular order). If I've missed you off the list. Sorry.

Charlie B
Maybe Charlie Batty (had a basket case but gave some bits away)
CBI
Colt
Chris the fat twat (I think it's a Mono. Chris?)
Garry Hollowell
Glyn (PD)
Kenny
Monk
Migsel
Matkat
Noddy
Tarka
Toucan
Proff has two.
Rob Farmer

Thats 17 bikes out of 4,727 members. Any others hiding away?

Rob, You were there when I bought Mine :) don't forget us little'uns :D

Attachments

• my bike.jpg
    my bike.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 8,422
Lovely stuff

Good idea, keep em coming, wonder if 800 barrels and pis :thumb tons fit the 650 ?? I have a set Jez,

Attachments

• gs ubg.jpg
    gs ubg.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 8,179
Hi Rob
As I appear to be the first saddo :)clap) on the list, my bike's details...
1985 US spec R80 G/S, still pretty stock except for prog' fork springs, cast iron disc, braided hose, bar risers, lowered pegs, aftermarket (Brazilian?) screen, Technoflex shock, PD steel 32 ltr tank and fresh paint. Locally made 20 year old leather saddle bags. First owner in N Hollywood Cal. USA in 85, bike then imported into Argentina around 1990, 2 local owners before I bought it in 2002 and started to gently renovate it. Now done just over 42k and still runs very happily on ripio or asphalt.
Only problem is it is over there and I am over here a lot.... :(
Charlie.

Attachments

• 80 G:S 1.jpg
    80 G:S 1.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 8,173
I've got a pair of airheads - a 1981 80 G/S that I've had from new and a 1978 ISDE GS 80 replica

Attachments

• ISDE garage shot 2.jpg
    ISDE garage shot 2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 7,682
  • Hafren 2001 2.jpg
    Hafren 2001 2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 7,500
Fingers are not working well tonight - that should read 1979 ISDT GS 80 replica

Attachments

• ISDT rep Cambrian 2003.jpg
    ISDT rep Cambrian 2003.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 8,102
My 1984 baby...
1000cc Siebenrock conversion with s/s pushrod tubes; new f/wheel bearings;timing chain; headstock bearings; battery..all by previous owner justa few miles before he sold it to me :)

White Power rear shock

Progressive front springs 10 grade oil

Heavy duty top yoke

Fork brace

'Round' rocker covers

4 pot calliper and oversize K disc (the caliper is a US make)

stainless lines

K&N airfilter

Fully rebuilt carbs

Full stainless legal ( but throaty) Lazer exhaust

Many stainless bits including front spindle, brake rod and lots of nuts/bolts

New plastics on mudguards front and rear

New bush hand protectors

New side panels plus those and petrol tank re-sprayed

Panniers and frames fitted - same keys etc for each pannier and fixings

Continental TKC80 tyres fitted

New handlebars ( off Honda MX80 but identical to standard OE)

Small ( legal) indicators at the front (due to san Hose top yoke)

PLus NUMEROUS repairs, mods , bearings, indicators and painting etc etc as to be expected :thumb

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 7,285
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 7,363
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 7,206
I have got 2 :thumb ...Great bits of kit and good fun offroad..Here is mine on Exmoor last weekend :D

Attachments

• ex1.jpg
    ex1.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 7,632
Beat This !!!!

Are you ready for my version of War and Peace :thumb

Built October 1981. First registered in South Africa, and rode to London and back 3 times before gaining UK citizenship in 1987. Since then BeeBee has been to Morocco and covered well over 100,000 miles. I have all documentation from original registration and nearly all service history (complete since 1985) The original purchase price was rand 5239.50 !!
I have had it since July 2003 and have followed the mod's as suggested by Doctor Gregory Frazier in his book GS'ing around the World.

At the time this pic' was taken (Feb' 2005) I had carried out the following mods:
Siebenrock 1000cc conversion, deep sump, s/steel fastners, round rocker covers extended sump guard,Full keihan exhaust (with a Two brothers option for playing :D ). MotoElektric rotor, diode board, regulator,Steibal Horn, Hawker battery,heated grips,Hella fogs, LED rear light, high output headlight, volt meter, rev counter, clock, Progressive front springs, Ohlins, Billet mini 6 caliper, New speedo, Dual seat re-upholstered. Ranger screen (Motobins)
Since the pic' was taken....
New wiring harness installed and customized by Tarka, P/D tank and seat (for solo stuff) Wheels re-spoked with s/steel, vapour blasted rims and powder coated hubs. Heidenau tyres, Metal Mule pannier frames and rear rack. All cables have spares in parallel.
I have bills/receipts for over 8k including the original purchase of this bike for £1350. The only mod's left to do is to fit the twin plug heads and the dyna coils I have sat in the garage.
This bike is truely ready to ride round the World :clap :clap and as a solo bike it's brilliant, goes like stink :D as anyone who knows me will tell you !!
Oh and it is for sale :beer: :beer: :thumb

Attachments

• gs ubg.jpg
    gs ubg.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 7,435
My R80 G/S

This is my 1987 G/S, my mates paralever in the background, bought the old nail last xmas from a farmer in cumbria, it had stood in his barn for 10 years without turning a wheel..

Attachments

• 2006_0423Image0060edit.JPG
    2006_0423Image0060edit.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 8,045
RayS said:
Manufacture date Nov 1986

4 owners

62,000 Km

White Power rear shock

WP Progressive front springs

Oil temp guage,rev counter & LED charge/voltage indicator on instrument console

Fork brace

Twin front disks (Brembo)

Braided front brake lines

Thunderchild diode board

Custom paint job - Volkswagon metallic anthracite!

Heavy duty top yoke - not yet fitted

Panniers and frames - not fitted

Paris Dakar tank & single seat

Metzeler Enduro 3 Sahara's

I love her, I do!

Ray

With the large tank & single seat fitted
IMG_0502.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0499.jpg
[/IMG]

Cheers
Ray

Heres Mine.

Built July 1987, registered September 87.
11 Previous owners.
106,000 Miles
Keihein Stainless Exhaust system
round rocker boxes
Upgraded voltage regulator (£22 from this guy on Ebay http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Worldvoyager1-Special-Parts)
Clock
Standard fork springs with 20W oil.
standard rear shock painted white.
Panniers and frames not fitted at the minute.
Apart from the blue frame it's suprisingly standard.
New Paris Dakar tank not fitted on this picture.

I bought the bike in January from the lovely Sharon (PL2 and a half), unfortunatly the bike was too tall for her and there's no side stand fitted so she decided to move it on. Sharon bought the bike from Bristol from the guy who powder coated the frame and tidied up the bike, unfortunatly, the gearbox was only held in with two bolts, there was an oil pressure problem and the electrics had been bodged. The carbs were in a terrible state. I threw £500 at the bike; a new oil pump sorted the oil problem, A new clutch and a couple of bolts sorted the loose gearbox out and because it's what I do the electrics got some TLC. All here http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64048
For some strange reason the rear shock had been fitted upside down giving the impression it was knackered. Now it's the right way up it works a treat.

Future plans.

Next winter I'm going to fit new valves and guides. A second Brembo caliper and disk. The rear drum is worn and could really do with being replaced. A couple of threads need helicoils and there are plans to buy a Siebenrock single seat and rack. Apart from that she's fine, lovely to ride and completely unphased by the mileage.

These bikes really get under your skin. How many bikes would you be planning a future for when they have over a 100k on the clock?

Attachments

• Gs.jpg
    Gs.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 7,435
74767479-M.jpg

Mine was built in 1981 and has had a few modifications since I bought it in November 2004 :D

* R100GS front fork
* R80G/S front wheel with custom made axle
* R100GS perforated disc
* K100 caliper + braided hose
* R100GS bash plate
* stainless header pipes
* Arrow exhaust (customized)
* TT IMO + roadbook roller + Acerbis front
* PD tank
* Öhlins shock
* hand made stainless rear frame
* cut down standard seat to fit the above
* acerbis front & rear mudguard
* Siebenrock 1000cc conversion
* powder coated frame
* gearbox revision + longer 5th gear

So it's FAR from original state but running great and I love it!
s_riding.gif

Cheers,
Michel

Ballsed my first attempt up at a posting ( again ) must do better, and more often
heres The Yella Fella G/ST :thumb

Attachments

• GST.JPG
    GST.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 7,133
This is " R Kid " a G/S purchased from a well known Wirralonion G/Ser ( well some of it anyway )

Hopefully this is off to Austria - Garmish - and The Stella, next week, with me on it !! :clap

Attachments

• R Kid 1.jpg
    R Kid 1.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 7,264
Reckon i'm eligible now, guess the questions now begin for knowledge and the spending carries on indefinitely.................

airhead.jpg

not to be totally upstaged

Hey JB,
Seeing as my BeeBee is in trail bike trim, here's a different slant on the G/S includes Two brothers (a la Tarka) silencer, all the stuff off and stripped to ride :D :cool:

Attachments

• Beebee claerwen.jpg
    Beebee claerwen.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 3,824
JohnnyBoxer said:
Reckon i'm eligible now, guess the questions now begin for knowledge and the spending carries on indefinitely.................

airhead.jpg

IMHO that looks better than a HP2, it's gorgeous

guffter6969 said:
IMHO that looks better than a HP2, it's gorgeous

In some ways it's better on the trail than an HP2 and certainly not even disgraced by one (ask Spout - he loved riding it when I took out his HP2)

Goes like a train and moves well on the dirt with that 12" of supension

Just one pic...........if it's ok with Rob :thumb

BikeinAction.jpg

Attachments

• HPN GS.jpg
    HPN GS.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 3,891

Back
Top Bottom