Achill rideout details.

Aidan1150

Nice but unfortunate husband.
Mod Squad
Reaction score
There will be two rideouts available on the weekend. :cool:

The first takes in the area on the mainland near Achill Sound and the island itself. You can get an idea of what to expect here.
The shorter of the two rides, this runs to 65/70kms and should take 2.5 hours including photo stops etc.

I will take interested riders around this route on Friday afternoon at about 4pm. For anyone who misses this one, I will do it again on Sunday morning, subject to demand.

The Saturday rideout will be in the region of 140km and will take in some lovely scenery and great GS roads on the mainland.

There are two gravel sections on this run and a small ford for those who like to get wet. :rolleyes: The first gravel section can be easily managed two-up and the second section which is more difficult can be by-passed. I will be taking this option myself :eek: and we will rejoin the others a little further on. Preview here.

We intend to depart from the hotel at 10am and will have a stop for tea and sandwiches in a pub half way through the run. Expect this run to take up to 5 hours including lunch, photos etc.

Finally...

Anyone attending a ‘Ride Out’ or ‘Event’ organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.
Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

Any chance of a copy of Saturdays route, or even the lunch stop details so I can catch up, as I don't think I'll get there before midday (ish) :thumb

Thanks

Shep

Could i get the routes somehow... on gps if possible :D pretty please

I'll miss the Friday one for sure and just in case something goes wrong for me getting there for the kick off Sat morning i need of a choice where to go and catch up.

in Achill will there be any off road spin

or are all the spins mainly road ones

Gunner

philgunn said:
or are all the spins mainly road ones

Gunner

Howya Gunner,

Yes the Saturday run is mostly road, with a 2km gravel section which is easy even two-up, then further along a 3km section which is more difficult. This second section would probably not suit those who are carrying a pillion, but there is a diversion.

Aidan

Aidan1150 said:
There will be two rideouts available on the weekend. :cool:

The first takes in the area on the mainland near Achill Sound and the island itself. You can get an idea of what to expect here.
The shorter of the two rides, this runs to 65/70kms and should take 2.5 hours including photo stops etc.

I will take interested riders around this route on Friday afternoon at about 4pm. For anyone who misses this one, I will do it again on Sunday morning, subject to demand.

The Saturday rideout will be in the region of 140km and will take in some lovely scenery and great GS roads on the mainland.

There are two gravel sections on this run and a small ford for those who like to get wet. :rolleyes: The first gravel section can be easily managed two-up and the second section which is more difficult can be by-passed. I will be taking this option myself :eek: and we will rejoin the others a little further on. Preview here.

We intend to depart from the hotel at 10am and will have a stop for tea and sandwiches in a pub half way through the run. Expect this run to take up to 5 hours including lunch, photos etc.

Finally...

Anyone attending a ‘Ride Out’ or ‘Event’ organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.
Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

So the ride out will be finishing just as I arrive:) - I'm expecting to arrive somewhere between 3 and 4 and then plan to have a look round the island prior to a few pints :beer: .

Aidan - got your voicemail - any chance of sending the waypoints to dge638(at)tiscali(dot)co(dot)uk thanks - oh and I've not forgotten the map case.

See you all saturday

Dave

Aidan sent me this last night

route1small.jpg

a bigger version

TUNED IN said:
Aidan sent me this last night

Jaysus, I hope the locals don't mind all that red paint on the roads :D

Dave, I was talking to Tuned a short while ago & he doesn't reckon he'll be able to do the Island on Sunday. I suggested he might want to do it after the main Saturday run. Might suit you too :nenau

Ride safe & I'll see ya Saturday afternoon :thumb

Jockser said:
Dave, I was talking to Tuned a short while ago & he doesn't reckon he'll be able to do the Island on Sunday. I suggested he might want to do it after the main Saturday run. Might suit you too :nenau

I'm thinking of the sat night drinking and The fit for nothing Sunday :D

TUNED IN said:
I'm thinking of the sat night drinking and The fit for nothing Sunday :D

Did nobody tell ya its a 'dry' hotel - mineral water & soft drinks only ;) ;) :D

Jockser said:
Did nobody tell ya its a 'dry' hotel - mineral water & soft drinks only ;) ;) :D

Don't even say that in jest......... there'll be thousands of ferry bookings getting cancelled!!! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom