Thanks

Aidan1150

Nice but unfortunate husband.
Mod Squad
Reaction score
After a great weekend in Achill there are some thanks due to several people.

Firstly to my co-organiser Jockser who set up the hotel and camping as well as contributing to every other detail. The man is a stickler for detail and a real driving force when things are not going to plan. A Tosser of the highest calibre. :bow

To all the Tossers from Ireland and the UK. The level of commitment to be there, the support and encouragement from all of you made the whole event worthwhile. :clap

Tuned-In, our Irish section moderator. The guy has contacts everywhere. He sorted the stickers, T-shirts and raffle prizes at very short notice as well as making some very helpful suggestions along the way.

Through the Saturday night raffle we managed to raise a significant amount of money (€475) for two very worthwhile charities. On Sunday morning we were able to present €200 to Jaq who received the donation on behalf of The Pink Way Round. The balance was presented to Oblertone and will go to the Bansang Hospital in the Gambia.

As well as all of you who so generously contributed by buying tickets, thanks must also go to our prize sponsors.

Joe Duffy Motorrad, Dublin...............BMW winter gloves

Caja Sahel, Donegal.............. 1150 & 1200 foot flaps

Pioneer Security, Dublin...........Scooters in the Sahara book

Whatton, Top Tosser..............Maglites

Óstán Oileán Acla..............A meal for two in their fine restaurant.

Paul the BHT for all his help and support. :thumb

If I have left anyone out I'm sure Jochen will be along to remind me. :eek:

Finally, I must thank my long suffering wife Mandy. She managed to sell 1500 raffle tickets on Saturday evening as well as looking after the camping fees. Must remember to bring her next year too. :D :D

What a cool new avatar Aidan and you guys obviously had an absolute ball the weekend. I am suffering the Rockies this last few days. Jasper tonight Banff tomorrow.

Great to see what a great weekend you all had.

Have to organise my timings a bit better next year :beerjug:

Aidan1150 said:
If I have left anyone out I'm sure Jochen will be along to remind me. :eek:

Thanks also to the tossers who helped with the numerous recce's, namely Sugarcube, TrevMcDev8, Leprechaun, RTRon & Marcus :thumb They were there with us even in the sh!tty weather (and yes, it does rain in Achill sometimes ;) )

But I'd especially like to thank all of you who turned up from everywhere - England, Scotland & Wales as well as our own island for anything from a few hours to the whole weekend :bow We even had a Canadian :eek: but I don't think he brought his bike over just for our event :eek: Without each & every one of you it wouldn't have been the same (better maybe but not the same :p :D ) I know that Whatton, like myself & some others, would turn up for the opening of an envelope if it meant he could come on the bike but I still appreciate it :beerjug:

And finally to big Aidan :rob ( I'm only half the :tosser he is :rolleyes: ) whose idea this all was. When he first mentioned it to me back in January I thought he was :mad: But between us we managed to come up with a plan & carry it through. He's kinda shy & retiring but I think he came out of himself a little at the weekend :mmmm We worked well together and I'm more than happy to renew the partnership for next year, if he'll have me ;) ;) Thanks mate :boobies

We've already decided to do it again next year. Its likely to be the weekend before our Bank Holiday again so pencil the 28th/29th July into your diaries. We don't know yet if it'll be the same location or somewhere else but we'll look at the alternatives soon & make a decision.

Hopefully we'll see a lot of you in the meantime but we want to see all of you again next year :bounce1 :beer: :bounce1

It'll be difficult to say we didn't have enough notice for next year then. :thumb

But it gives us Nordys a full year to think up better and better ones!!! :D

Aidan1150 said:
To all the Tossers from Ireland and the UK. The level of commitment to be there, the support and encouragement from all of you made the whole event worthwhile. :clap

Through the Saturday night raffle we managed to raise a significant amount of money (€475) for two very worthwhile charities. On Sunday morning we were able to present €200 to Jaq who received the donation on behalf of The Pink Way Round. The balance was presented to Oblertone and will go to the Bansang Hospital in the Gambia.

As well as all of you who so generously contributed by buying tickets, thanks must also go to our prize sponsors.

Finally, I must thank my long suffering wife Mandy. She managed to sell 1500 raffle tickets on Saturday evening as well as looking after the camping fees. Must remember to bring her next year too. :D :D

Aiden, Mandy, Jockser and all

I just wanted to say on behalf of the Team a huge thank you for your donations towards the Breast Cancer Care charity and of course to all those that bought the tickets :bow

I'll try and get over next year, sounds like I've missed a good event.

Thanks again

:)

Ooops !

Forgot to say 'thanks' to PJ who kindly drove me to Achill when I first surveyed the hotel in February :( Apologies for the omission m8 ;)

Back
Top Bottom