Auction details

Burfcontrol

Reaction score
OK, so here's the plan.

Any items which have been donated, either through corporate sponsors, local dealers or friends and relatives can be auctioned off on here. A load of stuff has already been designated for the Rally, and this will carry on as planned. This site is to allow all members to participate in this worthwhile cause.

I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible, so....
If you have an item to sell simply start a new thread, describe the item and VERY IMPORTANT if it's been donated MAKE SURE THE SPONSOR IS CLEARLY IDENTIFIED :thumb

If you want to make a bid just post a reply with the amount you want to bid. This is not like flea bay - you can't make a 'maximum' bid and have the system track it for you - so bid high and bid early :D

If you win a bid There will be a post on all threads anouncing the closing of the auction. The winning bidders will pay for the items by donating the amount to justgiving.com/ukgser and identifying the item in the comments section on the signature page - you'll see it when you get there. The thread owner who posted the item will check for payment on justgiving.com and then send the item on.
Only thing I haven't got my head round yet is postage costs - depending on item this could be tricky. Anyone got any ideas?

Timing The auction is planned to run until 1 week after the rally, midnight Sunday 17th Sep - that gives time for those who are away to get back and make a contribution, it also doesn't leave it too late to get back to the sponsors with the results of their efforts. Again I'm happy to take feedback from Karen if she thinks we should/could run longer.

That's it - happy bidding.

Good idea!

Sounds a good one to me. :thumb

Postage costs will obviously vary but I think that for parcels over 2kg sending by registered post (inc £500 insurance I believe) is £18 :eek: . Well that's what I paid on a few recent items.

I guess there is a rate card or similar on a website somewhere?? :nenau

Skip.

I think the time has come for the PWAB Auction Room to officially close its doors as soon as the last sale has been finalised.

Burfcontrol thank you so much for taking care of things for us here... absolute top job :thumb

... and thank you everyone for taking part in the bidding online :bow

:)

Back
Top Bottom