1100 Headlight Protection

Dallas

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone ever used or is using headlight protection for a 1100?

Been looking at the Touratech or Motorworks ones but wondered if anyone had any experience either?
Already smashed one headlight and as quite expensive new and difficult to find 2nd hand I'm looking to avoid time off the road and save pennies in the future.

Any advice much appreciated.

Headlamp protectioon

I was in Coopers of Reading last week. They had some Ventura twin headlamp, perspex, protecters for the 1100 that are not on their stock list. Didn't get a price as they weren't for my bike.
I have used these type of protecters on a previous bike and they do seem to work okay. certainly cheaper than a headlamp unit.

Regards

Gary

Wishing youall you'ld wish yourself and more.

i have one of the tt plastic ones on my 850 gs :thumb had stone chip damage to the previous lens so when i replaced it fitted one of these

How many lumens get through the perspex then, or have you got uprated bulbs :driving ?

Perspex head lamp cover

I didn't find there to be any difference in the light output from my old Suzuki, I don't believe there would be any real loss of light from either dip or main.

Regards

Gary

Wishing youall you'ld wish yourself and more.

Thanks all,

That was the sort of info I wanted, seems like it is worth it and if no light is reflected back/lost all the better.

Seems that the TT one is a bit more sturdy than the M/W one which seems to be just 'stuck on'.

Would this fit or would you look a bit of a tit on the bike ? :)

30bb8c801ecd29a597c09207f4a6e02a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom