Region 10 Update

PhilM

Reaction score
All going well :thumb , Moira, Grizzly, Egon and Scottch just left Aberdeen, 04.30, after pit stop. Bit chilly out tonight, but fine weather.

Just had a call from Grizzly there about 2 hrs behind should be at Berwick for 8.45 am :thumb

Damn and buggery!

Had to abandon the team in the wee hours this morning after receiving a call out from a major customer :(

However, the team were in good spirits despite the very cold temperatures encountered through the night.

It was a great ride and I'm glad I took part, but as I'm self employed - work must come first.

And on that - I'm off to work for now!

Scottch said:
Had to abandon the team in the wee hours this morning after receiving a call out from a major customer :(

However, the team were in good spirits despite the very cold temperatures encountered through the night.

It was a great ride and I'm glad I took part, but as I'm self employed - work must come first.

Scottch I'm going to take the opportunity here to say a big thank you to you personally as I know you've been promoting this challenge on other bike related websites that you belong too on our behalf to help raise our profile which in turn has helped to generate monies into the online justgiving account. :bow

Thank you

:)

Congratulations Region 10 riders :clap :clap .... well done to you all.
x

Home At Last!!!!!

Just got home :D .
Run from Inverness along to Fraserburgh went well - nice temperature etc - although we were already 1hr 20min behind when we left Inverness - but full credit to Tash and her team after a grueling ride on hard roads and partly in the dark also after a late start :clap :clap :clap
When we headed down the east coast the temperature dropped down to 5.5C :eek: and everybody began to suffer :( but, of course Moira was probably worse because of no wind protection.
The end result meant an extra break so we then hit Fife and then Edinburgh at fairly busy times - not envisaged when the recce was done :confused: and this compounded things.
Anyway a big thanks to Moira for a great job on the Baton and for battling through cold weather and then traffic to the finish :clap :clap :clap
- there were only the two of us by then :(
Thanks also to PhilM and Egon for joining us for the first half, and also Scotch, who intended to to the whole trip but was called away to an urgent job at the half-way point:clap
Also thanks to G.C. and Enabb for allowing us to "borrow" their accomodation :bow - ps. Enabb I nicked your tea bags :bounce1 :bounce1
That's 600 mile round trip - bath then sleep sounds good to me :D :D

Cheers.....................Grizzly :beer: :beer: :beer:

Scottch said:

Scottch its the taking part that counts :thumb top man
Bill :clap :clap

Hooray for Moira and co!!

Well done Moira!! :thumb . I'm sure the run was very gruelling!! Especially as it did get really cold on the East coast. Nice hot bath and a few wee drammies should do the trick!! ;) Also need to mention Sparky the wonderbike, she didn't let u down! :adv: See you next weekend!

Scottch said:

Never trust a Kennoway man :D

Bad luck, Scottch but no mean effort in any case. You would still have put a good few miles and hours in. I'm sure Moira and Grizzly were glad of your support :thumb

Well done all. Sorry I couldn't make it as I hoped to join the fun!! Chopper problems meant I had to overnight in sunny Norfolk insted of getting home !!!!#~~~~!!

Also thanks to G.C. and Enabb for allowing us to "borrow" their accomodation - ps. Enabb I nicked your tea bags

Yer more than welcome :thumb :D , think you both had a ruff shift :eek:

Well done Moira... :clap :clap :clap

This seems like as good as place as any to post. Only a wee bit late.

Congratulations to all the ladies involved :thumb :thumb , especially Tash who looked a bit shell-shocked when she stopped in Inverness : :bow and to Moira :bow , Sparky and her tins of "GoFast" and to everyone else who joined in.

It was really nice to meet some of you lot in Inverness, just wasn't for long enough. Hope you found somewhere to eat that night.

So any suggestions for next year? :D

All the best :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom