UKGSer Girls Claim 'Around Britain' Ride Title

RAM-man

depleted member !
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After a eurphoric week in which many of us watched this ride challenge around Britain unfold, the dust has now settled which allows me the greatest pleasure on behalf of the admin team (Paul, Lucy, Andy, Karen and me) to declare that in September 2006 a girl team of 11 riders forming the UKGSer 'Pink Way Around Britain' challenge set a record ride time of 76 hours 27 minutes to complete a 2945 mile , non-stop perimeter ride around mainland Britain whilst raising funds for Breast Cancer Care.

Our Girl team of; Karen, Manuela, Jaq , Sharron, Maria, Lucy, Amy, Tash, Moira, Allison and Sue rode a pre-determined route, before passing on the baton, a pink bra, to their colleague who continued until they had circumnavigated mainland Britain, along with rider support from GS colleagues.

Having met many of these girl riders at last weekends EM rally in Leicester they were thrilled and overwhelmed with their own and the team's overall achievement of this challenge ride.

Well done to all riders and their support who worked and rode so very hard to make this happen. Its a first, so be rightly proud as no one can take it away :bow :clap :clap :clap :clap .

timings.jpg

Many congratulations to all the girls....and the suppoort team......

Damn good job all round :thumb :thumb :clap :clap :clap

:bow :bow :bow :bow

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

brilliant, thanks for letting me and twinkletoes be a part of this I had a fantastic time, at Lands End seeing the lights then hearing the engines of the bikes coming down the driveway was incredible as was handing over then following the rest of the challenge.

I am thrilled to have taken part definately one of the highlights of my year :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Fantastic News.... :clap

I think I can speak for the rest of the girls in saying that if it hadn't been for the amazing hard work behind the scene by the Admin Team this would never have got off the ground...

Many Thanks go out to each and every one of you that contributed so much time and effort to allow this achievment to unfold.... :bow :bow :bow

Great stuff... so whats for next year.... :D

Many congratulations to all the girls, you are all shining stars

:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

Ladies, I take my hat off to you :bow

You deserve to be very proud of what you all did. Thanks for letting me be a small part of it :thumb

Wow!

This really brought home what we did! :clap
Thanks for the oppurtunity to be with such fantastic and courageous people.. :bow ....I've said it before and I'll say it again.....
Mooooooo!!
and that's all there is to it!
Admin Team;(esp Steve and Andy on the day who kept us informed) The other Girls; Our Menfolk.who looked so gorgeous in pink.................( my poor little deer.)...............you rock! I feel so privaledged to have been in with such amazing people. :bow :clap :bow :clap :bow :clap :bow :clap
Moo

Back
Top Bottom