BMW Dealer locations as .gdb files

Any chance of getting a copy of this either in CSV or some other format so that I can put onto TT Rider? PWEEEEETY PWEEEEEZ :aidan

Im sure there are a few Rider owners out there that would like to know where they nearest tosser fixer is when abroad in particular! :D

Ill be happy to do the conversion if you could supply is a readable format.

the ZC

Never mind... :aidan

Ive converted the gdb files you have hosted on here into TT ov2 files for those with Riders and ive made a single file for the whole of europe removing 4 duplicates from that file.

Ive not tested them so plz let me know if they are ok!

the ZC

Attachments

• TTBMWPoi.zip
    33.9 KB · Views: 244
I'm going to Clarks in Rednal this week, so I opened your file and notice that there are two BMW dealers shown for Clarkes. There's the Garmin one and there's your waypoint. The Garmin one looks correct to me, I usually come up Ashill Road from the A38 and turn Right. Your waypoint would direct me away from Clarks. For your info... cheers

The same for Jeffries of Shipley

The same for Jeffries of Shipley

Not much point telling us it's wrong and not telling us where you know it to be :thumb2

Can the guys who spot mistakes please post the co-ordinates of the actual dealerships. The files at the top of this thread can be up-dated :)

BMW Independent Servicing

Ladies and Gents,

Due to popular demand, well one chap suggested it, I have collected some BMW independent servicing names together and put them into a Garmin file. Some are mobile, so don't easily lend themselves to waypoints.

If I have the location incorrect, then please amend and "private mail" me the correct location for the waypoint. Likewise if I have omitted any names, then please mail me the name, address & telephone number.

I'll give it 3 or 4 weeks and then I'll publish a new version. Over to you..... and thanks in advance for helping.

Attachments

• BMWIndependentGB.gdb
    2.1 KB · Views: 340
UK BMW dealer’s waypoints (with a small correction to the location of Mill BMW Duram) ;)

Dealers as .gpx files with diallable POIs for Zumo/2820

This is another experiment.
I have started to create a database of dealers in .gpx format for use by the Garmin POI loader.
This time the .gpx files have been edited to fill out the phone number field to make them dialable from a Zumo or 2820.
It seems to work on my 2820 and would like to know whether it works on the Zumo as well.

Attachments

• BMWAustria.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 369
  • BMWBelgium.zip
    2 KB · Views: 268
  • BMWFrance.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 306
  • BMWHolland.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 331
  • BMWSwitzerland.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 277
I have constructed my own POI database for European dealers.

Working with some existing POI lists, I have then logged onto each countries BMW website and verified the name and location of every dealer.

I did the same John and I know how time consuming it is to put lists like that together. Thanks should be given by all for your time and consideration.

Not that there are that many changes, but it is also very time consuming keeping track of those.

You'd think BMW AG would crawl out of the dark ages and put a current downloadable GPS list alongside each country dealer listing.

I'll load those into my GPS in the future and see how coincide with my existing BMW dealer waypoints. BTW, I use a BMW Roundel for an icon...looks better than a car on a lift.

UK BMW dealer’s waypoints (with a small correction to the location of Allan Jefferies, Shipley)

UK BMW dealer’s waypoints (with a small correction to the location of Allan Jefferies, Shipley)

I am unable to open this because it is in a later file version (my v8 can only read GDB files v2 and below?) Would it be possible to have it saved as a v2 file?

Re. UK BMW dealers, could someone update BMW Hurst's Motorrad Belfast, please? They moved from the Boucher Road location to Newtownabbey years ago.

New location:

N54 40.822 W5 58.959

Thanks

Thanks shuck raider, BMW Hurst's Motorrad Belfast moved to your new location :thumb2

And its in .gdb2 format

Back
Top Bottom