A Run to the Hills 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi gays,sorry guys was just wondering if ye wanted to meet up at my place its on the coast road just before Carrickfergus ye can stop for more tea if needs or a pee, then i know a perfect scenic route that takes us into larne avoiding the crappy boring roads, i then know a cracking road that takes us from cushendall to the famous Tor-head road into ballycastle, let me know what you think, and i know its subject to weather

Hi gays,sorry guys was just wondering if ye wanted to meet up at my place its on the coast road just before Carrickfergus ye can stop for more tea if needs or a pee, then i know a perfect scenic route that takes us into larne avoiding the crappy boring roads, i then know a cracking road that takes us from cushendall to the famous Tor-head road into ballycastle, let me know what you think, and i know its subject to weather

Depending on the time we may just run straight to Larne then join the coast road there Will to avoid all the traffic out as far as Carrick.

I like the Tor Head idea but again it's a time thing.

Let's see how it goes nearer the time.

Thanks. :thumb

Good man yourself Bob. :thumb

As far as I know Dellis and Shapeshifter are on the same ferry as you.

Jockser and a few others will meet you off the ferry, you will all call here to collect me then weather permitting we will hit the Antrim Coast Road and follow the coast all the way to Donegal. A cracking route which everyone should really enjoy.

If the weather doesn't play ball we will head to Donegal via inland roads. Let's hope that doesn't happen. ;)

Aidan

Will join the convoy at Lisburn if that's ok, what time roughly are you heading off?

Roger, it will most likely be 11am before the guys are leaving Dun Laoghaire, so it will most likely be 1pm leaving my place in L'B'Land which is a bit late for heading the full coastal route. :mmmm

Ring me about noon on that Friday and we will see how it's going. :thumb

Edit 16.01.07

All the rooms in the Lennon Lodge are now booked although there are a few beds left which will necessitate sharing.

There is an accommodation page on this site for B&B's in Ramelton.

Decided not to camp and have booked into Meadowell House. One of the B&Bs on the link provided.

So that's it. Ferry and accommodation booked. Just need drinking tokens for the bike and me! :thumb

Bummer - have to cancel due to work schedule, fook.

Will cancel hotel booking so there will be a twin room there shortly.

Here's hoping for Achill Island.....

Bin

Thanks Dave,

From Maidenhead I reckon it's about a four and a half hour trip, so I'll be leaving fairly early. I guess up the M6 and then west on the M56. Happy to catch up on route somewhere. I will pm you closer to the date.

Cheers,

Bob

Bob,

see you on the boat :thumb PM me if you want to meet up en route.

Dave

Tuned In's just rang me, he's worked out a discounted rate for Stenna Sealink crossings with a Travel company. He'll be posting details tonight :thumb2

Tuned In's just rang me, he's worked out a discounted rate for Stenna Sealink crossings with a Travel company. He'll be posting details tonight :thumb2

I booked with Billy Nutt Travel... and mentioned UKGSer to Billy, he was more than aware of who we are, as I think Gary's been working on him for a while... even Stena Line themselves can't beet Nutt Travel prices...

Fantastic...:aidan

Evening all. Me and the wife are pretty new to the site but are keen bikers. She has a new 1200 and myself a 1200A. We spent some time in Ireland last year doing the tourist thing, ( Kerry Ring, Waterford and stuff ). If we could find some digs, b&b or a camp site would it be ok if we joined you all for a pint or two at such short notice?

Evening all. Me and the wife are pretty new to the site but are keen bikers. She has a new 1200 and myself a 1200A. We spent some time in Ireland last year doing the tourist thing, ( Kerry Ring, Waterford and stuff ). If we could find some digs, b&b or a camp site would it be ok if we joined you all for a pint or two at such short notice?

You'll be both more than welcome:thumb

I'll be searching for some digs then. Any help will be welcome but I'll sort some place any how.

Hilux,

where in Cheshire are you? I'm in Nantwich and will be heading for the 08.55 holyhead - Dun Laoghaire boat on the friday. We're meeting Jockser and a few other at Dun Laoghaire for the onward journey and you'd be welcome to tag along.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom