Paralever Register - Your PHOTOS please

First run out on the PD

Headed off on Friday with the latest addition, freshly scrubbed fettled and MOT'd to the Run to the Hills weekend in Donegal. :aidan

P4050599.jpg

DSCN0422.jpg

DSCN0434.jpg

DSCN0436.jpg

DSCN0428.jpg

DSCN0430.jpg

DSCN0419.jpg

DSCN0420.jpg

DSCN0423.jpg

And here's another set.............

....................... of Panniers I bought off Cookie a few years back. They were on a tour of the former East Germany and Czech republic last year. In Pic1 it met up with a similarly odd coloured East German car which had escaped to the Czech Republic..........:augie

In Pic 2 it was exploring the most wonderful village of Braunfels which has a couple of really great biker hotels too:thumb2 Well worth a visit and about a mile away from the Lieca Camera factory if you are feeling flush;)

Have Fun

AndyT:cool:

Attachments

• Czech tour_1.jpg
    Czech tour_1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 3,237
  • Czech tour_2.jpg
    Czech tour_2.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 3,239
Hoorah! It's Finally Finished (for now!)

A few shots of my beloved/bain of my life!
First shot was shortly after I got my grubby little mitts on it taken in Bellagio-Italy. The other shots now it's finally finished. (well, it's been finished a while but I havn't got round to taking any piccys of it)
A few of the mods are:
*PD tank (Thanks "Peeping Tom")
*HPN Pipe
*Front rack and sidestand by Ernie @ Overland Solutions (top bloke, quality work and is passionate about what he does - a refreshing change)
*Paint by Spectrum Paint Worx Ltd (ditto above)
*Seat - crap work - so I don't feel inclined to say who did it!
*Nippon Denso starter motor
*Taller fifth gear
*Harrison Billet front caliper
*Ohlins Shock (ouch!)
*Blah blah blah more money on loads of other odds and sods

And after all that the ungrateful little sod still goes wrong! Hey ho still really like it though...a joy to ride!

Attachments

• DSCF0539.jpg
    DSCF0539.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 3,112
  • DSCF0770.jpg
    DSCF0770.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 3,102
  • DSCF0771.jpg
    DSCF0771.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 3,095
  • DSCF0772.jpg
    DSCF0772.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 3,049
  • DSCF0773.jpg
    DSCF0773.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 3,081
Another one!

Oh! and here's the obligatory GS in Morocco shot (desperate to fit in :augie)

Attachments

• DSCF0732.jpg
    DSCF0732.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 3,085
It's mine!

Only had this beauty for 2 weeks - I've done full service - new brakes - scraped off the old muck - very pleased, I had a PD 10 years ago but sold it - how I missed it!
Just looking for a set of panniers and I'm all set.

Attachments

• PD2 032.jpg
    PD2 032.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 3,007
Another one?!

Must be a glutton for it. Have acquired another PD, a Classic this time and its not in too good a state.
Mechanically sound but looks shite:( All the paintwork is shot. Looks like its been cleaned with a Brillo Pad:eek:
It has modified shaft/starter, Ohlins rear, WP springs up front, Spiegler front brake, K&N filter, BM tankbag and Tesch panniers/rack and a bag full of "bits":)

I now have 2 that need loads of work.
That's the winter, (and some), sorted:D

John

Attachments

• PDClass.jpg
    PDClass.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 2,762
  • PDs2.jpg
    PDs2.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 2,759
My "new" GS

A 1988 R100 GS. Not my house so I'm not too worried about the weeds etc ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0943.jpg
    IMG_0943.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 2,736
  • IMG_0944.jpg
    IMG_0944.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 2,719
My old Beemer..

Finally subscribed and sussed how to upload pictures so here's my 20 yr old GS that I'm currently riding.
She's done 54,000 miles, twin plugged, drive shaft went awol just before buying it from a buddy, now fixed. Greased up (with Supertrol) for the winter and I'll not clean her up again until about March when they stop salting the roads.

Attachments

• DSC05530.JPG
    DSC05530.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 2,656
Aussie PD resting on MX circuit...

"Gretal" the fat old Geman girl - 1990 GSPD 90,000klm
Shown on the 2008 BMW off road course...she did try...

IMGP0295.jpg

91 80GS

Here is my GS on the way down from San Fran to L.A this last September.
She is standard apart from the taller screen and hand guards.
Flew into New York and rode west. 4,800 miles and never missed a beat!
Bought on e-bay from Germany in 2004. Serviced myself and rode 4K to Nordkap and back in 2005.
Tried the new ones. Me no likey!!!

Attachments

• DSC00252.jpg
    DSC00252.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 2,541
Just realised I hadn't put a picture up of my R100GS.
This was taken today up near Flash. Bike's an 89, and had been stuck in a barn by the original owner in 1993. I got it last year,
it was beginning to show signs of long storage, surface rust here and there, but I like it that way.

Attachments

• r100gs.jpg
    r100gs.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 2,348
My '89 GS

Forgive me - I'm just practicing my photo sizing and uploading. Here's (hopefully) another shot of my old, and rather mucky GS taken last saturday at the Ironbridge do.

I just went along for a ride and to see what sort of turnout these gatherings attract ..... I was impressed and will have to sort myself out with a tent and get to a few of these meetings.
;)

Attachments

• IMG_1579-2.jpg
    IMG_1579-2.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 2,579
Kleine Blumen's 100GS

Well after far too long I have just about finished the alteration and lowering of Jill's 100GS.

For those interested;

The bike is now minus it's original fairing and Roo-bar, both OE mudguards have been swapped.
All the original parts have been packed in a box to enable the bike to be returned to it's standard condition when/if necessary, So the purists out there can breathe easy for a while.

To lower the 100 I simply replaced the rear shock with one from an R100R and fitted Bar risers, thus enabling the forks to be slipped up through the yokes.

Jill didn't like the look of the fairing, so I needed to come up with something that was both cost effective and looked half decent (I'm not convinced I achieved the latter, but it'll have to do for now) The most complex job was to alter the seat to make it both lower and narrower, with out loosing the look of the original. It's now two inches lower and three inches narrower.

Things left to do;

I'm still looking for a pair of lowered foot rests, even though I have fitted a Fastway peg I'm not happy it is low enough to get the right angle for Jill's shorter legs and raising the leavers up is not an option.

Finaly, the side stand needs to be changed for something easier to reach. Now the bike is mobile again I'll be paying a visit to a mate who has the necessary kit to do this type of job.

Some of the photos could be better, but here goes.

Val.

Attachments

• 100gs4.jpg
    100gs4.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 2,861
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 2,516
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 2,597
  • 003n.jpg
    003n.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 2,504
  • 005n.jpg
    005n.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 2,609
Got myself an airhead

It's a '95 PD classic. I got it the back end of last year & have not used it much yet. Got a few small jobs & upgrades required, a decent front brake & sidestand for starters. I'm looking forward to using it, who knows it might even be a replacement for the 1200GSA if I get to like it.

John

Attachments

• Copy of P1030811 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    Copy of P1030811 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 2,527
Johnny

That looks identical to mine I picked up last week. I wonder how many of these genuine "Classic" models there are in the country and owned by members on here? I've only heard of a couple of others from reading the board so would be interested to know just how rare they are.

Mine is originally from Germany registered 1st Feb 1996. I have all the original German "Fahrzeugbrief" (log book). It was then registered in UK on 13th August 1998 then in Jersey 1st July 2005.

It is 100% standard apart from the remote adjustable Ohlins rear shock and spot lights on lower crash bars. It has the optional little clock mounted on top yoke. Recently had new exhaust system in I think stainless. Tyres could do with replacing but apart from that its A1. Proff took some photos of it outside his house last Saturday.

attachment.php

Yes, that topbox has to go! In fact gone already.:)

Sid

Another R80GS for the register

My second post here.
Here it is my R80GS.
I bought it in aug 08, is a 1990 model with the round light (not the squared one).
It is in really good conditions, roughly 40k kms.
Since then I put on a new ohlins, changed oils, lowered footpegs.

2gucnti.jpg

I'm really newbie as far as maintenace is concerned but did my valve clearance adjust last saturday.
I live in La Palma, Canary Islands, small green island, plenty of twisted roads and offroad sites.
I also removed the heated grips... :D
Greetings

1990 R100 GS; my first BMW and first of many GSes...

188260835_Tu9FY-L.jpg

No regrets!

I thought it was about time I posted mine.
In every way it is the equal of it's grandson....:D

Attachments

• 100_0151.jpg
    100_0151.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 2,284
Johnny

That looks identical to mine I picked up last week. I wonder how many of these genuine "Classic" models there are in the country and owned by members on here? I've only heard of a couple of others from reading the board so would be interested to know just how rare they are.

Mine is originally from Germany registered 1st Feb 1996. I have all the original German "Fahrzeugbrief" (log book). It was then registered in UK on 13th August 1998 then in Jersey 1st July 2005.

It is 100% standard apart from the remote adjustable Ohlins rear shock and spot lights on lower crash bars. It has the optional little clock mounted on top yoke. Recently had new exhaust system in I think stainless. Tyres could do with replacing but apart from that its A1. Proff took some photos of it outside his house last Saturday.

attachment.php

Yes, that topbox has to go! In fact gone already.:)

Sid

Hi Sid, looks like a great bike, is that a Wuedo screen, how do rate it?

Back
Top Bottom