Moto-Morrocco Tour #1

At the bootom of the falls there were a couple of restaurants which had decent food. Then we spotted the occupants of the cliff face around the falls.

Attachments

• Monkey 1.jpg
    Monkey 1.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 1,164
The ride back into Marrakech was a bit more eventful than we first expected. Darkness comes early and suddenly, plus combined with the rush hour :eek Anyway let's just say we had a laugh :D

Attachments

• Marrakech rush hour.jpg
    Marrakech rush hour.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,141
That night we went to the main square for dinner and it's worthy of a few pictures. If you haven't been it's an experience you shouldn't miss. There are plenty of food stalls to choose from selling everything from kebabs to sheeps heads.

Attachments

• Main square 1.jpg
    Main square 1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,126
Day 3

Having collected Neil M from the airport last night we all set off up the Tichka pass. What a fabulous ride it was. The traffic was mercifully light and there weren't too many trucks on the wrong side of the road :eek:

We stopped at the top for tea and pictures. Please note how clean all the bikes are at this point, especially mine :confused: :

Attachments

• Tichka pass.jpg
    Tichka pass.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,056
Off road

Just over the pass we turned off down a small road to begin our first piste. This was the adventure I'd come for, but those of you that know me will know I was pretty damned scared as well :eek:

To begin with it was straight forward enough, although Neil and I struggled to keep up with the trailies Ian reamined at the back and was a huge source of comfort knowing he was there.

Attachments

• Day3 #1.jpg
    Day3 #1.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 1,054
The going gets tough

My confidence soon took a bashing as the trail got harder. It turns out that since the recce there has been the worst rain since 1968 and it has cut the piste up quite badly. Stream and gully crossing was difficult and there were deep ruts in the surface :eek:

Attachments

• Day 3 #2.jpg
    Day 3 #2.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 1,062
Too tough

Having built up a little speed I find Tim coming back towards me. I've missed the others who have stopped to take photo's and so has Andy. Tim has chased Andy down and is on his way back when he meets me. I now have to turn the bike round on a narrow path, not easy, and I'm knackered and sweaty when I have to ride back through this puddle. Inevitably I get it wrong and down I go in the only mud for 10 miles :eek:

Attachments

• Day 3 #3.jpg
    Day 3 #3.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 1,346

Back
Top Bottom