Gathering Of The Clans

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date
Love to join this one - I'll take a provisional pitch at the other side of the field from Yogi :thumb

Hopefully be able to organise work to suit (will a week's notice of confirmation be sufficient?)

Al :D

(ahh - I'll need breakfast :thumb)

Ronno,

Managed to put my reply in the wrong thread :eek: :eek: . So here it is in the right one. :D

""Seeing as the hotels fully booked, best you put me down for a double size tent pitch. Best make it provisional at the mo as I havent told Karon yet and shes not too keen on camping.

Should be a great doo, but I need to get the bike fixed first, so that gives me about 7 months. Haven't investigated yet, but I think the gearbox bearing has exploded. Oil running out of the bashplate and clutch plate covered in oil. At least it happened in the winter.""

Martin

Blackal said:
Love to join this one - I'll take a provisional pitch at the other side of the field from Yogi :thumb

You know you don't mean that Al...

I promise I'll be on my best behaviour....Just make sure you bring the Picnic Baskets!!

Ali :thumb

Tenting for two ...

... if you please, in the non-snoring section would be good :thumb

oblertone said:
... if you please, in the non-snoring section would be good :thumb

That'll be at least two more for the haggis eating competition then... :bounce1 :rolleyes:
Just make sure you bring the right kind of sterling with you! :D

For everyone else, if you see someone (OBlertone) with a maritime flare in their hands, take it off him, he does not know how to use it properly. :eek:

Rev Chuck said:
That'll be at least two more for the haggis eating competition then... :bounce1 :rolleyes:
I thought we were keeping that as a surprise !! :D

Al, et all, a weeks notice should be fine for definite confirmation. Obviously the earlier the better. We shall have to book (and pay for) portaloos and provide numbers for catering etc. Right now ball park numbers gives us something to work with, so thanks for expressing an interest. :thumb

Should be nice ...

Rev Chuck said:
For everyone else, if you see someone (oblertone) with a maritime flare in their hands, take it off him, he does not know how to use it properly. :eek:

... and dry in June :spitfire and the flare worked perfectly thank you :eek:

Mart-p said:
Ronno,

Managed to put my reply in the wrong thread :eek: :eek: . So here it is in the right one. :D

""Seeing as the hotels fully booked, best you put me down for a double size tent pitch. Best make it provisional at the mo as I havent told Karon yet and shes not too keen on camping.

Should be a great doo, but I need to get the bike fixed first, so that gives me about 7 months. Haven't investigated yet, but I think the gearbox bearing has exploded. Oil running out of the bashplate and clutch plate covered in oil. At least it happened in the winter.""

Martin

Hi Martin,

What you gone an done to your bike :eek: You best get your finger out & get it fixed, pronto.

Hope there's not too much damage.

Hope you can persuade the missus, it'll be good to meet up again.

:thumb

Cookson said:
Hi Martin,

What you gone an done to your bike :eek: You best get your finger out & get it fixed, pronto.

Hope there's not too much damage.

Hope you can persuade the missus, it'll be good to meet up again.

I was just heading back to work when the clutch started sliping. About five miles later, I had no go at all, a smell of burning oil and oil dripping on to the centre stand. :eek: :tears

No need to persuade the other half, she has already agreed. :beerjug: Look forward too meeting up again and downing a few beers. :beer:

Ronno/GC
Thats a definite tent pitch for me and Mrs P. Cheers

Martin

Mart-p said:
No need to persuade the other half, she has already agreed. :beerjug: Look forward too meeting up again and downing a few beers. :beer:

Ronno/GC
Thats a definite tent pitch for me and Mrs P. Cheers

Martin

Booked in.

Look forward to seeing you both :thumb

We'll be under canvas as well Ronno (may as well make use of the £££ gear sometime ;)) so that should free a bunk or two for the rest :thumb

Hopefully we'll get up for the gathering :beer: ....... so that'll be another tent space if any room left! Our tent's a wee one anyway!
cheers

JohnC X 2
Hovis X 2

Both duly added to the list. :thumb

Ronno, Grateful if you would put me down for a tent space for one - and whatever grubs goin' - need fed every hour on the hour...

Storm

Ronno said:
Hi Moo,

No problem in principle just now but I might need a definite yes or no sometime in the near future if interest in this event continues the way it's been going so far. Hope you understand. That's the problem with keeping it to a fairly small number of attendees.

Hope you and Dermot can make it though... :thumb

Ronno

Hi Ronno/Gordo
Derm and I can confirm now that we are coming...We have decided (George and I) to wait 'til Easter 08 (lots of discussions over lunches had....life is tough eh?) for lots of different reasons (not least of which our settling in to Island life) to do the WHW Charity walk---so time and dosh will allow the trip . :D Just wanted to confirm... :bounce1
Can't wait!! :clap :D You've had a good response to this eh!!
lots of blethering to be had...............!!
Moo

Ronno/GC

its in the diary

Please put me down for tent and (breakfast x 2) if available
friday - saturday

look forward to it!

Cheers

Jerry

Hi Jerry, how you doing.
Name duly added to the tenting list.
We have still to confirm maximum catering numbers that the hotel can provide for. We'll have that information posted well in advance.

Good to hear from you again.
Gerry007 x2
Sillymoo x2
And
Stormchaser x1
Moo, yea great response, see you in June.

Hi Jerry, how you doing.
Name duly added to the tenting list.
We have still to confirm maximum catering numbers that the hotel can provide for. We'll have that information posted well in advance.

Good to hear from you again.
Gerry007 x2
Sillymoo x2
And
Stormchaser x1
Moo, yea great response, see you in June.

Back
Top Bottom