Gathering Of The Clans

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date

Deleted account rno

attachment.php

The Scottish Section of UKGSer have been long overdue in hosting a weekend meet so:

You are cordially invited to a

Gathering Of The Clans

on Friday 22nd June and Saturday 23rd June, 2007. The venue is

Here

which is near Kirriemuir, Angus, Scotland. The hotel has a 7 room Bunkhouse which sleeps a total of 32 people and there are 10 bedrooms. There will also be camping facilities in a field adjoining the hotel. My thanks to a local farmer for his permission to use this.

We are aiming to keep this (as a first time venture) relatively small and hope to attract around 60 GSer type Loons. I'm reliably informed that the hotel meals are excellent. The prices are certainly reasonable judging from their website.

Both Friday and Saturday nights will be "Blether 'n' Bevvy" social gatherings in the hotel bars. The only entertainment will be the Jukebox (and a load of pissed Tossers). There will be a Ride Out on the Saturday. There are lots of great roads and spectacular scenery in this part of the country.

Bookings will be taken on a "First Come First Served" basis.

***Can anyone wishing to attend this event please contact me or G.C. in order to book and NOT the hotel directly.***​
That way we'll be able to keep tabs on names and numbers.

Room/Bunkhouse prices can be gauged from the hotel website. I'll try and get a price for camping ASAP. Three rooms are already booked (Organisers priveliges you could say)

Hopefully, this will be the first of many Gathering Of The Clans meets.

We hope to see you in June, 2007 :thumb

Slainte/Prost
Ronno

Count me in for this one Ronno. :thumb

Mandy and I plan to come over on the Friday then head off on Sunday evening for a few days touring up in the Highlands. I really want to visit Skye. :)

Can't wait for this already. :bounce1

Aidan1150 said:

Mandy and I plan to come over on the Friday then head off on Sunday evening for a few days touring up in the Highlands. I really want to visit Skye. :)

Already counted in, Aidan. :thumb

I'm up for this one Ronno :thumb

PM sent to secure rooms as requested :)

Whatton said:
I'm up for this one Ronno :thumb

PM sent to secure rooms as requested :)

Received, Kev. You have a 4 x bed bunkhouse room :thumb

5 double rooms now booked (including the 4 poster bedroom)

Aidan1150 said:
Whatton & Burton? :nenau :nenau :eek:

We're both very keen about this gathering clams weekend. We asked for the bunkhouse so we could cook them ourselves in the kitchen after we'd gathered them :thumb

Whatton said:
We're both very keen about this gathering clams weekend. We asked for the bunkhouse so we could cook them ourselves in the kitchen after we'd gathered them :thumb

You'll have to be careful of people trying to mussel in on your clam chowder.

Ronno, please put me down for a tent - sized piece of well-drained springy turf.

Aidan1150 said:

Aidan,

Skye is fantastic even the road to Skye is amazing (A87) you won't be disappointed!

Dave

You going to this one too then Dave? It's promises to be one of the top UKGSer events next year. :cool:

Book us in provisionally for a comfy double room Ronnie.

I'll be doon for the Saturday, to join you for the ride out :thumb

Also being a non-drinker I can trundle off home when everbody else gets objectionable or falls over.
Unless is there another ride out on Sunday or is it just time to go home time?

mmmmmmmmmmm

HI Ronno,
Dermot and I would love to be there....would like to book a tent space (provisional....VERY provisional). Our only prob may be that I am planning (with me mate George (ina)) a trip over to attempt the West Highland Way --(as you know) at the beginning of the month of June (well, last week in May) and then we'll be off for TT week. :D ...........is a tentative booking OK??? for now??? I won't book a room as I don't want to take up a space that someone else could have. My mate Cath will be able to have my boy ---but its more the expense of the boat over etc.

Put me down for a double tent space and can I let you know nearer the time. I haven't been to that part of the world since my sis lived in Dundee!! I was about 10, I think! I remember going to Glen Clova.....wow that brings back memories!

ta Ronno,
Moo

The 10 x hotel rooms are now fully booked for the following:

Ronno, G.C., Aidan, Kev, Paul BHT, Alte Wolf, Stumpy, Dutch, Den and Oonyack.

Going good, gents...going good :thumb

Back
Top Bottom