They're Back!

Mutley

Reaction score
About an hour ago my doorbell rang and there, standing on my drive, was a figure from my old nightmares - I mean adventures :D

Bill and Ian landed at about 13.00 hrs yesterday and are now doing the rounds dropping off bikes.

113207886-M.jpg

Apparantly five stowaways manged to get in here during one stop at a toll booth :eek:

113207872-M.jpg

But all the kit was locked in the Landy and the bike seems to be fine :thumb

113207894-L.jpg

It just didn't seem that dirty when I was in Morocco. Never mind I know Tarka has some time on his hands, maybe he'll give me a hand to clean it ;)

Bill said the guy in the car park at the hotel in Marrakech offered to clean the bikes for a small fee. Unfortunately I'd read the article in Bike magazine that said the R1150GSA is the coolest bike in the world, but only if it has Saharan red dirt on it and it hasn't been washed. So he declined the offer :cool:

There is no mud or dirt on your bike.
The red/brown thing is like pictures; good memories!
And the same goes for small damages (small!) too. -Am I right? :cool:

:) Liv.

Liv said:
There is no mud or dirt on your bike.
The red/brown thing is like pictures; good memories!
And the same goes for small damages (small!) too. -Am I right? :cool:

:) Liv.

Spot on Liv, I've been in the garage with a cup of tea just looking at it and grinning :thumb

Mutley1150 said:
Spot on Liv, I've been in the garage with a cup of tea just looking at it and grinning :thumb

Stop grinning at hot beverages and get the bike cleaned :thumb

Thats street cred Mutters, lots of GS's never see dirt let alone African dirt.
I'd have another cuppa take a few more photos.

I've been in the garage with a cup of tea just looking at it and grinning

Its that time of year over there now - magic mushroom tea :thumb :bounce1

Right Thing

Mutley1150 said:

I hope your going to do the right thing and not clean it for the rest of the winter Howard, to many ****s riding shiny GS's..not street cred' at all if its clean :thumb

Thats not dirty

It just didn't seem that dirty when I was in Morocco. Never mind I know Tarka has some time on his hands, maybe he'll give me a hand to clean it ;)[/QUOTE]

Blimey, read the last post before I saw the pic' :eek: surely Bill must have cleaned it for you, no way thats been of piste in Morocco :D You need to bring it over and run it round the field a bit and though some of my demon off road.............then re-take the pic', have a sand pit as well :mmmm :mmmm

You should have seen Howard's face fall when Ian and I told him we'd had the bike cleaned before coming back- we had talked about it and it would have been easy and cheap, but the badge of red mud is a priceless one and we decided not to......good job too, or I suspect we wouldn't have been driving away from H's gaff in one piece :D

The stowaway incident was quite fun as well......we'd made Settat (where the Motorway currently starts....the new sections all the way to Marra are currently half finished) and gone through the peage where the little chap took rather a long time getting into his bunco booth (didn't seem suspicious at the time but it made sense afterwards) but within a couple of hundred metres, were passed by a bloke in a bimmer frantically pointing at the trailer......

We got out and checked it over.....tyres all ok, connections all ok, nothing obvious wrong, then we peered in the back and found a chap sitting on Howard's GSA!!! :eek: :eek:

Ian and I aren't exactly small shy retiring chaps, so we got rather loud and 'assertive' and started ordering this Moroccan out of the trailer......only to find him followed by another 4.......

A small intake of breath and an exchanged glance between MMOB and myself, then we resumed our 'assertive' stance and searched them all, had their pockets out, patted them down and made sure the bikes were undamaged before telling them ever so politely to be on their way :D

An interesting interlude on an otherwise long and boring drive home-we spent 32 hours on the boat roaming aimlessly about (well I did anyway, Ian spent 32 hours on the boat, 22 of which he spent asleep, 9 he spent on the toilet and the remaining hour was spent in the bar :eek: )

Oh yeah, and we found a ship.

Up a mountain.

Not a little dinky boat or anything, a proper, full sized ship.

Up a mountain in Spain. :confused:

It's good to be back :rolleyes: :nono :nono

Cracking reports Howard, brings it all back very vividly. Picked my bike up from Rick's and he HAD washed it for me :eek: . Ah well, still spending too much time in the shed :beerjug:

Neil M

stolen

they've stolen the side panels from under the seat:D
is that rhayder mud on your handguards and mirror ???

well done:thumb

confused

planning a 3 week trip end of april dont know wether to stay around europe tops or try to go into morocco aswell no experience in this and dont give a f--- but would like to include as much as can on budget dont know when she,ll let me out again is this achieveable or not how much is ferry to morocco and can you turn up and get on it any advice :confused: :rob :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach:

Yes get the address and number of the bird on your post and stay with her bet it will be a better ride than the one to morocco.:peach: :peach: :peach: :jes :jes :jes

Back
Top Bottom