How to access the Rudland Rigg

HullTraily

Can anyone who knows the North York Moors tell me the best way to access the Rudland Rigg please as I'm heading up that way at the weekend and fancy taking a gentle ride out over the moors.

Thanks

Sorry Hull Traily... it appears that the people that can point you in the right direction are otherwise disposed...:augie

I would start with a 'search' as someone may have put some map source references up... or try this thread...

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81354&highlight=Rudland

Best of luck.. you'll love it up there... so ye will...:thumb2

I'm going to miss it....:thedummy :tears

Cheers.. Sue...:)

Hi,
Sorry I don't have a GPS (yet) so cant give you the co-ordinates or owt, but here is a link to a multimap page which shows the (southern) start of R Rigg. If you zoom out you'll see that you access it from Kirkbymoorside, then a small village called Gillamoor. When you get through Gillamoor you go through some gates and a cattle grid (named 'Moorend' on the map). After about 100 meters the road turns left, but the Rigg is the dirt track that goes straight on (instead of following the road to the left).
Hope this helps...
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=466000&Y=494000&width=700&height=400&gride=466000&gridn=494000&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=GB&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=&zm=0&scale=25000&down.x=357&down.y=423

Rich

Hi

Let me know how you get on will you
Just bought myself a GS, may join you sometime !!!

BIGPAUL

Hi

Let me know how you get on will you
Just bought myself a GS, may join you sometime !!!

BIGPAUL

:clap :beerjug: HI BIGPAUL see the squirers in winter post net meet feb 20th at about 6.30ish:thumb2 byw welcom to the mad house (GREAT SITE:bounce1 :Whatton)

re

Thanks very much for that, I'll post when I'm going up there if anybody wants to go for a ride out and let you know how we get on.

On my way up there today will aim to be there about 12.00

BIG PAUL

RR

Hi Hulltraily.
Yes, if you let us all know, id be up for a bit of off-roading, if I can fit it in between work and sleep.(May have to take crf tho).Im in Scunny Scunny, so not so far away from you !

Go on then , tell us all about it.
Did you get up there?
I wa looking at os map today and noticed a long trail running along the ridge from Sneck Yate Bank, due norf of Sutton bank. it appears to go all the way to Osmotherley.
The only name i can see on it appears to be Hambleton Street. and it must be 10 miles long.
Has anybody done this one (if its legal) and would it be ok for a lardy 1100gs without knobblies.:thumb

dazco , Hambleton Street to my knowledge is not legal ( unless anybody knows better ) . Rudland Rig finishes in the North at Bank Foot , just outside of Ingleby Greenhow . There are many legal lanes in the Cleveland Hills suitable for all levels of proficiency . Join the local TRF & you will find help & support readily available , the Teesside & North Yorkshire Branch could be suitable . Rudland Rigg is also very popular with walkers & mountain bikes & is suitable for your R100GS . You may find that without knobblies you would be better off descending Bank Foot than ascending . The top of the trail is very easy indeed & affords splendid views in all directions .

Harry

Go on then , tell us all about it.
Did you get up there?
I wa looking at os map today and noticed a long trail running along the ridge from Sneck Yate Bank, due norf of Sutton bank. it appears to go all the way to Osmotherley.
The only name i can see on it appears to be Hambleton Street. and it must be 10 miles long.
Has anybody done this one (if its legal) and would it be ok for a lardy 1100gs without knobblies.:thumb

Definitely NOT Legal, subject to a TRO ban over last 10 years as it's part of the very sensitive Cleveland Way

Known in TRF cicles as Hambleton Drove Road, to give it the official title.

I was lucky to ride it in about 1992-1993 before it was shut forever and it's a great lane/road

Shut well before NERC......so no chance now

Do not use it :thumb2

Definitely NOT Legal, subject to a TRO ban over last 10 years as it's part of the very sensitive Cleveland Way

Known in TRF cicles as Hambleton Drove Road, to give it the official title.

I was lucky to ride it in about 1992-1993 before it was shut forever and it's a great lane/road

Shut well before NERC......so no chance now

Do not use it :thumb2

Spot on Johnnie, and somehow I missed ever riding that even being this close....bummer...must catch up on phone re: Rosedale :thumb

Dazco (and all Co) TRF is way to go, also a bit of research with OS 1:50,000 - BOATS - but need to confirm legality, the shortcut is hand in pocket to TRF :thumb2 We need all the support we can get for now never mind future :(

Hi folks,

Does anyone have a mapsource route for the legal route over here?

Many thanks :thumb2

Lee

I would be prepared to show you this route & others if you are interested ?

Harry

Back
Top Bottom