Llangollen 2007 Saturday Road Ride

Who's joining in the road ride

• Yes, I'll be joining in

Votes: 28 90.3%
  • No thanks, I'll be nursing a hangover

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
Everyone,
I live about 40 minutes away from Llangollen & I will be there for the road ride-out.

Has anyone posted the route for the day yet? I'm assuming you're going to take in Bala & Ffestiniog & Betws-y-Coed & the general Snowdonia area?

Looking fwd to filming all your GS's. :thumb2

Phil.

Has anyone posted the route for the day yet? I'm assuming you're going to take in Bala & Ffestiniog & Betws-y-Coed & the general Snowdonia area?
The route isn't going to be posted here as that would spoil the supprise ;)

:thumb

Can you give out details of how long the route will take at this stage? :augie

To whet your appetites, here's some photos from N.Wales I did on a previous bike in 2005.

10 castles in 8 hours, it seemed a good idea at the time! :cool:

"Jockser and I will be riding down from Holyhead. Does anyone know if we can get fuel on the A5 between Corwen and Llangollen? I would appreciate some advice from you Welsh Wales chaps. Thanks."

Hi,

From Welsh Wales ! Went down to Shrewsbury today from my neck of the woods near Caernarfon. Checked out the petrol stations for you ! Between Corwen and Llangollen there are three all in the little villages along the A5. They are very basic filling stations selling a brand of Fuel called UK+ or somesuch, it's all quite competative with the Big Boys pricewise. The nearst shiny petrol station on the Holyhead side of Llangollen is the Shell outlet at Betws-y-Coed - I normally top up here. Word of warnning the A5 from Betws to Llangollen is heavily Policed (because of bike fatalities) at weekends- it is an "Arrive Alive (but peed off)" route so check the Arrivealive.org.uk for the active camera vans along the road. Llangollen is a very happy hunting ground for the van. I don't know whether North Wales Police have got wind of the meet but they may deploy their unmarked bike and unmarked cars and Helicopter - so take care !!!

An alternative (if boring) route is the A55 to Wrexham and drop down the Wrexham by-pass. Loads of temporary Traffic lights on the A5 today, Major re-surfacing between Capel Curig and Betws (planed surface and raised ironworks everywhere today). TTLs at Maerdy 'cos they've broken the new by-pass - badly (heavy speed enforcement here - no static cams but the Scamera van). It's the end of the financial year and Conwy and Denbigh Councils seem to have a road works underspend. Road surface between Llangollen and Corwen is abyssmaly broken. Also road works beyond Llangollen towrads Shrewsbury (by the Little Thief) 30 mph and Overtake prohibition, West Mercia's camera van was here today.

Oh and if you're thinking of going into Bangor City centre, Gwynedd Council have found a warehouse full of traffic lights and put them everywhere there, consequently the traffic is in chaos since the new scheme went live - trust me it's horrific and keep away if you can ! On a personal note this is a brilliant stroke of traffic managment, how to increase carbon emissions at a stroke - motorcycling hell !

Thanks Brynrevs, great info :thumb2

Seeing as Aidan reckons I can't read a map to save me life I'll let him decide the route & the fuel stop. Plus he'll meet the camera vans first :augie

Recon I will be on the off road ride this term..ive got the nobblys fitted and shed some weight...so who's bringing it on?

Thanks Brynrevs, great info :thumb2

Seeing as Aidan reckons I can't read a map to save me life I'll let him decide the route & the fuel stop. Plus he'll meet the camera vans first :augie

I discovered to my cost :mad: that the Scamera Van Twats, lean out and write down yer Number, as you sail serenely by, thinking that you can't get nicked facing the camera. :spitfire Plus the Twats operate a Zero Tolerance Policy :eek: Best if in doubt, stop before passing the Van, wrap the available Tesco (every little helps) Carrier Bag over Nuber Plate, :cool: Then ride past the Van. :thumb 'Must have blown up off the road, Occifer':nenau :nenau .

Can't Vote.

Depends on the state of sobriety at 1000hrs :beerjug: Plus I'll need to Split again halfway for me Girl Friend. (I have to lock her up whilst I ride, she won't ride pillion.):nono :nono

Attachments

• Sleeping Beauty.jpg
    Sleeping Beauty.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 234
Depends on the state of sobriety at 1000hrs :beerjug: Plus I'll need to Split again halfway for me Girl Friend. (I have to lock her up whilst I ride, she won't ride pillion.):nono :nono

Here Rob, is there not some kind of attachment that you can get for thon lardy barge of a bike that you have got, so that in fact the dog could go with you?:nenau
Was impressed with the pics of you on aforementioned barge on the Irish road/off ride last w/end. Respect!:thumb2

I discovered to my cost :mad: that the Scamera Van Twats, lean out and write down yer Number, as you sail serenely by, thinking that you can't get nicked facing the camera. :spitfire Plus the Twats operate a Zero Tolerance Policy :eek: Best if in doubt, stop before passing the Van, wrap the available Tesco (every little helps) Carrier Bag over Nuber Plate, :cool: Then ride past the Van. :thumb 'Must have blown up off the road, Occifer':nenau :nenau .

Thanks for that Rob. Good ta know :thumb2

Recon I will be on the off road ride this term..ive got the nobblys fitted and shed some weight...so who's bringing it on?

hope those aren't my nobbly's you are thinking of using :D

thought you were taking team orange :aidan

Hi there do you have any routes done in map source for this week end coming from the north and the road run

Thanks

Colum

hope those aren't my nobbly's you are thinking of using :D

thought you were taking team orange :aidan

It was a shame to see a pair of new wheels and tyres gathering dust...and I doubt team orange would keep up with the nimble GS squad :D

Back
Top Bottom