30/31 July 2022

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All
Same again in 2022.
Please see previous years for more details.
Hopefully, we will be over Covid by next summer and back to normal.
We are about an hour south of Bergerac in great !ocation.
We have the traditional great food, great booze and great surroundings.
All free, just turn up and Chill Out.Any questions, just ask.
Sid

Hi All
Same again in 2022.
Please see previous years for more details.
Hopefully, we will be over Covid by next summer and back to normal.
We are about an hour south of Bergerac in great !ocation.
We have the traditional great food, great booze and great surroundings.
All free, just turn up and Chill Out.Any questions, just ask.
Sid

Awesome location, great hospitality……thanks for the invite Sid :beerjug:

OK, this is now on my radar as its outside of school holidays and right when I want to travel. Thanks for the invite

Hi Campers
Some good news at last. It appears that France is finally opening up to Brits and scrapping many Covid restrictions.
Hopefully this will allow many of you to have a long overdue trip to France.

Of course, WW3 may impact on future plans. The French have already surrendere just in case, and white flag production is flat out.

See you in the summer.

Sid

Hi Sid,

This sounds fantastic, I am champing at the bit for a jaunt.

If you are kind enough to host us, I am sure there will be a few others who are also keen to stretch their legs a bit and come down.

Paul G

Sorry for delay in replying to all.
We are all good to go. Swimming pool has been recommissioned and is perfect. We have several inflatables for lots of fun.
My good friend Simon (Sumprat) has confirmed his flights and he will be cooking for everyone.
We have new tables and chairs so room for many.
Plan is Saturday 30th for general party.
Sunday 31st is a big ride out from 9 am arriving back at our home around noon. Snacks, drinks and excellent bbq during the afternoon. One of my French biker friends is an Artisan butcher who will supply the very finest meats etc. Qua!ity wines and beers are also provided.
Last year there a slight battle as Simon insisted that all meat was suitably cooked whereas the French savages wanted it still raw! :)

Keith Bouncer, you are welcome to blag one of the spare bedrooms. At worst, it may be a twin bed and you might have to share.

We are all good to go. Swimming pool has been recommissioned and is perfect. We have several inflatables for lots of fun.
My good friend Simon (Sumprat) has confirmed his flights and he will be cooking for everyone.
Sunday 31st is a big ride out from 9 am arriving back at our home around noon. Snacks, drinks and excellent bbq during the afternoon. One of my French biker friends is an Artisan butcher who will supply the very finest meats etc. Qua!ity wines and beers are also provided.
Last year there a slight battle as Simon insisted that all meat was suitably cooked whereas the French savages wanted it still raw! :)

Keith Bouncer, you are welcome to blag one of the spare bedrooms. At worst, it may be a twin bed and you might have to share.

Thanks Sid....I'll be in touch :thumb2

OK, all looking good here. Been freaking hot recently, up to 41° in the evening but much cooler now.
Still investigating the local cider/cidre. To be honest, not too impressed with the local offerings. The locals are better at wine but I promise to get at least some cider.
The night markets start next week in July. On Friday nights there are choices of two local villages offering gourmand evenings of local food and drink.

Ask anyone who has been before. It is an awesome weekend! ;)

Hello again Sid, I attended one of your Wee-Kends while you were still in Blighty about ten years ago, it was delightful. Happily, from all the comments on your French 'do's the standards are being maintained. :thumb2

To save others the bother of searching back through the posts on the France 'do's I thought I would cut-&-paste the location from your 2019 post in the spirit of doing something - indeed anything at all - to tempt folks to attend, and hopefully enjoy the event as much as I did all those years ago:
We are roughly mid way between Bordeaux and Toulouse. Address is Treillou, Valeilles, 82150. Nearest large town is Agen. It is just over 400 miles from port of St Malo or just under 500 miles from Cherbourg.
We have over 16 acres of flat land for camping so plenty of room for everyone including heavy duty snorers.
There is a Bikers cafe/chalets one mile up the road if you want B&B. I'll post up link.
The roads around here are heavenly and all the speed cameras have been completely vandalised by the Yellow Jackets.
Massive workshop available to use. Games room with pool table, darts and table tennis. Outdoor sports including boules, archery, fishing etc. Or just spend time chilling by the large swimming pool getting a tan.

As in the past, the emphasis is on good food and good booze. Lots of decent beer and a glass or two of wine for the ladies.

No charge for anything. I know I have been very lucky in life and it's great to be able to share with friends.

Any questions, please ask.
I won't be able to attend myself unfortunately, but to anyone here that has any doubts at all, just GO!!

dont fret too much on the cidre. Ill pick up some strongbow on the way! otherwise Gin'll do. Unfortunately and sadly not a wine drinker...slay me. I plan on arriving friday afternoon, evening and leaving Monday morning if that's okay? Please PM your location for route planning. Thank you Donovan
PS, can I bring something for you from the UK?

Hello again Sid, I attended one of your Wee-Kends while you were still in Blighty about ten years ago, it was delightful. Happily, from all the comments on your French 'do's the standards are being maintained. :thumb2

To save others the bother of searching back through the posts on the France 'do's I thought I would cut-&-paste the location from your 2019 post in the spirit of doing something - indeed anything at all - to tempt folks to attend, and hopefully enjoy the event as much as I did all those years ago:

I won't be able to attend myself unfortunately, but to anyone here that has any doubts at all, just GO!!

Thanks for your kind words John. You are welcome here anytime.
A few updates from 2019. The Bikers B&B is no more killed by Covid.
Secondly they replaced the vandalised speed cameras with massive new ones but there are only two in the entire area and you can see them from a mile away.
Good news is that they have resurfaced most of the roads and they are like race tracks.
Also I have discovered numerous off road trails that are GS friendly. :)

OK, all looking good here. Been freaking hot recently, up to 41° in the evening but much cooler now.
Still investigating the local cider/cidre. To be honest, not too impressed with the local offerings. The locals are better at wine but I promise to get at least some cider.
The night markets start next week in July. On Friday nights there are choices of two local villages offering gourmand evenings of local food and drink.

Ask anyone who has been before. It is an awesome weekend! ;)

Would have loved to come to this Sid - unfortunately my good lady wife’s niece is getting hitched at the end of July and my presence is required!:(

I'd love to attend this year and, although I don't know the gentleman, I'd be willing to risk my manhood and take the option, if available, of the other twin bed with Sumprat.
I decided, at the Assen MotoGP, that my days in a small 2 man tent are over!
If not, and I may still attend, are there local b & b things available?

TIA,

Iain

Back
Top Bottom